Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Have a Beautiful Day Calendar - Eileen Hull Sizzix Display Stand Die

Today I'm sharing my 3rd project using one of Eileen Hull's fun new Chapter 1 Dies -  The Display Stand.  I'm also posted over on Eileen's Blog today where other Inspiration Team members will also be showing their projects!  I can't wait to see all of the creative ideas they have for this die!

For this project I used the die to create a calendar stand for my desk - with a sentiment from Botanical Bounty Sentiments set by Papertrey Ink to remind myself to look forward to a great day every day of every month!  
I love how pretty this came out! And it is SO sturdy using matboard.
I cut and adhered botanical papers from a Greenery Paper Pad from Joann to the base and top - I thought the potted plants and colors would look nice during any month of the year!  I purchased the 3" x 2 1/4"  2020 mini tear off calendars from Taylored Expressions.
I die cut the potted plant out of water color paper using Hanging Planter Dies from Sizzix.  I colored it with water color paints and when it was dry, I added Glossy Accents as well as 2 more layers of die cuts to make it more durable.  I added Vanilla flower sequins from Simon Says Stamp to the pot while the Glossy Accents was still wet.
I added a stamped panel on the back as well, just as a reminder to feel good about myself! And just in case it was in a spot where someone could see the back of it!
Just a quick photo review of how to fold this one piece die!
Fold on the score lines
Push the piece on the right down through the center
The little tab will click into the opening on that center piece.
Fold the left panel (above, under my thumn), over to the right covering all the openings and the corners snap into the upright piece (under my thumb below) on both sides.
Here's how it looks from the back -  cool right??!  
You don't need ANY adhesives to hold the die cut together!
 

 So please check out Eileen Hull's blog every Wednesday in January where the Inspiration Team will be posting creative and inspiring projects using both Eileen's Chapter 1 dies -Display Stand and Gift Box with Scalloped Edges!

Stamps:  Botanical Bounty Sentiments - PTI
Paper:  Little Sizzles White Matboard - Sizzix, Simply Chartreuse - PTI, Greenery Paper Pad - Joann.
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Display Stand Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Hanging Planter Die - Olivia Rose/Sizzix, 2020 Mini Tear Off Calendar - Taylored Expressions, water color paints, paint brush, water, Glossy Accents - Ranger, Vanilla Flower Sequins - Simon Says Stamp, Tombow Glue.

6 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous one cut die and your desk callander is beautiful. The theme and colours sure would cheer up everyday and the sequins on the potted plant are so pretty x.

Mary Marsh said...

Love this Julia- I may have to invest in this die- a great gift idea

Bonnie said...

What a pretty calendar, Julia! Love that potted plant! So much texture and shine! Perfect for any month of the year!

Words and Pictures said...

A great use for the stand, and the colours are so fresh and pretty.
Alison x

Miriam said...

Lovely project. Thanks for joining in the Country View Crafts Challenge.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Such a beautiful project!