Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Create Today Magnetic Sign Board - Eileen Hull's Display Stand Sizzix Die

Today I'm sharing another project I made using Eileen Hull's just released Display Stand die.  I thought it would be fun to create a magnetic sign board!  
I purchased the colorful plastic magnetic kids alphabet from Amazon.  There are all shapes, sizes and colors of magnetic letters available.
I die cut the Display Stand out of matboard.  Then I cut a Wafer Thin Magnetic Die Storage Sheet to fit the panel.  I rounded the corners with my Zutter Corner Rounder and adhered it to the matboard with Multi Medium Matte
I cut 2 pieces of DP to adhere to the front and back of the top panel.  I stamped 2 sentiment strips with art sentiment stamps.   I also put a few enamel dots over the circles on the front strip.
 In case you didn't see my previous posts using this die - here are some photos of how to fold it to create the display stand.  It's just one piece and easy peasy once you've done it the first time.
Fold on score lines
Press right panel down into the opening
The tab will click into the slot in the middle piece.
Fold left panel over and corners will snap under the narrow piece.
Here's how it looks from the bottom when assembled.
 How happy would this make you sitting on your work table reminding you to create?! Or, you could let the kids learning their alphabet and spelling words play with it!
AND -  of course, you can change the words every day!
 My magnetic Sign Board will be posted over on Eileen's Blog this week (she and several of the Team have been at Creativation in Phoenix, AZ this week, so the post may be Thurs or Friday rather than the usual Wednesday!) along with projects by others on her Inspiration Team!  Check it out and be inspired!  

See my Cat Display Stand here.
See my Succulent 2020 Calendar Display Stand here.

I'm linking my display stand to the following challenges:

Through the Craftroom Door
Anything Goes

Arty Divas
Anything Goes

Everybody Art
Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday
Home Decor

Path of Positivity
Character Traits

Stamps:  Clearly Sentimental About Art - My Favorite Things (no longer available)
Paper:  White Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, White Cardstock - PTI, DP Rainbow Paper Pad - Ms Sparkle and Co - JoAnn.
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Display Stand Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Double Ended Banners Die - PTI, Wafer Thin Magnetic Die Storage Sheets - Ellen Hutson, Plastic Magnetic Letter and Numbers - First Classroom purchased on Amazon, Zutter Corner Rounder, enamel dots - Altenew, Multi Medium Matte. 

9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a fun and useful idea to make the sign board into a magnetic one and such fun to change the words on it. Fabulous inspiration....Thank you x.

Loll said...

So fun! What a great project Julia. There are so many uses for this display stand. LOVE it with the magnetic board. xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is so cool, Julia! Love the fun colorful paper and letters that add a splash of color to any room it is displayed in! I'll bet the kids will have fun with it too!

Andrea said...

Nice creation. I like it. Thanks for joining us at EAC.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Papercraft Boutique said...

Another wonderful idea of using the display stand die, Julia! This magnetic sign board looks so fun and playful!
Hideko xx

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

What a wonderful card.
Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at Through the door to the craft room this week. See you in the next challenge.
regards
Danka
TTCRD
Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Oh wow! your card is amazing and such fun! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

Suze said...

This is such a fun card. I really like the sentiment you have spelled out - but also that you can change it if you feel like it. Thank you for joining in the Character Traits Challenge at Path Of Positivity.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love this! It would be great on your craft desk to hold Thinlits you are working with so they don't get lost in your crafty clutter - well, my crafty clutter because that is how I roll!