Friday, October 18, 2019

Mid Month CAS Stencil Card Stencil Reminder - Patterned Paper

I'm here today to remind you that you wanted to join in on the CAS Stencil Card Challenge this month - you did tell me that, right?!  AND you still have time!   Mr. Linky is open through Oct 24th! 
Loll, our October Hostess, wants us to stencil over patterned paper - easy peasy right?!    
For my reminder card I made another Halloween card (we're having a sale at my church soon!)
I used another piece of patterned paper from Abandoned Paper Stash paper pad by Tim Holtz/Idea-ology for my background (I used a more subdued one on my first challenge card) - there are so many beautiful papers in it!  
I laid my Cats Stencil from Stencil Girl over the panel of PP and spread a thin layer of Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste over it with a plastic palette knife.  I removed the stencil and let the panel dry (clean your stencil right away!). I layered the panel over a black panel, then onto a white panel and slightly larger black panel.   I added 3 Halloween Clippings Stickers for the sentiment and stamped Boo to You inside!

Please join us over at CAS Stencil Card Challenge and show us how you stencil over patterned paper! 

Paper:  White, True Black - PTI,  DP Abandoned Paper Stash - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.
Accessories:  Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste - Stampers Anonymous, Cats Stencil - Stencil Girl, plastic palette knife, Clippings Stickers Halloween - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.

15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great use of that fabulous designer paper and the silhouette of the cat looks wonderful. Such a unique card...love it x.

Loll said...

This paper is just perfect for a Halloween card (and many other cards too!) ... it goes so well with your black stenciled cat. Fun design, Julia (and a bit spooky too! :) xx

Viv said...

What a great background for your cat Julia - it looks like he is sat looking at an old warehouse wall with peeling paint! Love it. x

Barb Ghig said...

Such a striking card, Julia! Great idea to use black embossing paste for the cat which pairs perfectly with your DSP! What a great sentiment, too...Awesome Halloween card!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I love this fat cat and the paper is fantastic, Julia! Another fantastic Halloween card, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

love that background paper, it reminds me of a gelli print. So perfect for your black cat :)

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful patterned paper with so much texture. Love your silhouette cat and sentiments. Very creative and unique design, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Cathy said...

The stencilled black cat was the perfect choice for that gorgeous paper! What a fun halloween card, Cathy x

Robyn Oliver said...

Fantastic halloween card Julia, loving that PP and super cool fat cat stencil with the black paste really pops on the background design, hugs Robyn

HilaryJane said...

If you hadn't told us I would have thought you had stencilled over the baby to create that lovely background. The black cat is a great and simple addition that works really well xx

Darnell said...

A stunning design, sis! And I love that it just asks for a story to be told about it! I'm sure the person who buys it at the sale will have a great appreciation for imagination!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

Fabulous design - wonderful paper, great cat, and I especially love the sentiment and the way you place it!

Linda said...

This looks so cool. The background paper is the perfect backdrop for your kitty cat xx

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Perfect spooky CAS card!

Words and Pictures said...

Isn't that paper amazing? I've still only managed to use a few snippets because I can't bear to cut it up! I love this card - so effective and the perfect choice of word snippets.
Alison x