Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Another Pocket Notebook Journal!

Today I'm sharing another monthly post as a member of Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team.  Every Wednesday some of the team will be posting projects on Eileen's Blog with links back to our own blogs so you can see how we made our projects using Eileen's dies.
 
Again, I used her newly released Pocket Notebook Die.  This fun die creates a smaller journal - 6 3/4" x 4 1/2" and the spine can be adjusted from 3/8" to almost 2" depending on how many pages you want to have in it!  If you wanted to slip this into your pocketbook, you'd probably make the binding the smallest 3/8".

This Pocket Notebook went together quickly and easily! That's the great thing about all of Eileen's journal dies - you can decorate them simply or elaborately.  The inside pages can also be plain or decorated with patterned papers and/or ephemera!

I die cut the notebook out of Little Sizzles Matboard.  I decorated the covers with patterned paper of this beautiful palm tree lined, sun drenched tropical beach! 
I die cut the little beach hut out of matboard using Eileen's House Ornament Die .  I die cut the window frame for the window out of dark orange Core-dinations paper using a die from Eileen's House Pocket Die (which just happens to fit the window on House Ornament die!)
I thought the little beach hut fit perfectly on this beautiful beach!

I covered the hut with birch wrapping paper that I purchased at Pier 1 Imports last Christmas season (Sadly, I haven't seen the paper there since.)and sponged around the edges with Ranger Distress Ground Espresso.  I adhered tiny seashells, on foam dots, that I picked up on the beach while on vacation at Sanibel Island, FL several years ago.  The 'wander' is from Eileen's Journaling Words die set.
I used orange twill ribbon for both the signature binding and the closure tie (which I knotted through the binding).  Two more signatures can be added to this as I made the binding the full 2" wide.
I colored the inside of the covers using Sunshine Blends 2 ink that I put on my craft mat, spritzed with water and dabbed on with a sponge.
This would be a great little notebook to record your activities on a tropical vacation!
Please check out Eileen's blog every Wednesday to see all the lovely projects her Inspiration Team create using Eileen's versatile Sizzix Dies!

Paper:  White Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, DP Electric Jungle Paper Pad - DCWV, orange paper - Kraft Core-dinations, birch wrapping paper - Pier 1 Imports,  white cardstock for pages.
Ink:  Blends 2 Sunshine - Color Box
Accessories:  Pocket Notebook Die, House Ornament Die, Journaling WordsThinlit dies, House Pocket Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Orange Zest Twill Ribbon - PTI, foam dots, red tape, small seashells, craft mat, water mister, sponge, Zutter Corner Rounder.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

How pretty, Julia! I hope you'll be using this on a wonderful tropical vacation?

Words and Pictures said...

Well, what a contrast - from the snowy vignette box to this tropical treat. The beach hut is brilliant!
Alison x

eileen hull said...

I love how you combined all of the elements to create this sunny journal. Also, I did not realize that window from the House Pocket fit on the House Ornament! Thanks :-)