Thursday, January 24, 2013

We Had a Wonderful Time

Today I'm posting a card I made for the Runway Inspired challenge.  This was the inspiration runway photo:
And here is my inspired card:
I used Alcohol Inks for the swashes of color - applying them with the applicator onto glossy card stock in a kind of tapping motion rather than just swiping it across so it left a more interesting pattern.  Then I stamped the large and small circles from the Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees set using Versamark Onyx black.  This ink is a little more juicy and stamped well on the glossy card stock.  I dried the circle stampings with my heat gun so I wouldn't smudge it.  (the sort of smudge you see on the big circle happened just removing the stamp after stamping - the glossy card stock can be tricky to stamp on!)
I used the Small Madison Window die to mimic the woodwork behind the model on the runway - adhering it over the stampings with foam tape.  I layered the glossy panel to the white card stock base.
This great sentiment is from the Join Us set by Waltzingmouse.  This card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".  I will use this for a thank you card sent to someone with whom "we had a wonderful time!"

I'm also entering this in the Moxie Fab World Make Your Own Background challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sentiment from Join Us, circles from Teeny Trees
Paper:  white - PTI, glossy white - SU
Ink:  Versamark Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Red Pepper and Stonewashed, alcohol Ink Applicator and felt - Ranger, small Madison window die -Poppy Stamps, foam tape.

17 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I love your take on the sketch! Good luck!

Maria Eufemia said...

I love who you incorporated the window into the card!!! I also like how you interpreted the "motion" of the dress in addition to the circles.

Deepti said...

I love the splashes of color in ur card. Nice expression

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great artsy card Julia-love your take on the inspiration photo

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely fab! Your card really has captured the look of that stunning dress! Great work!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning... I love it...so retro...

Pauline said...

Beautiful Julia! A perfect take on the inspiration pic!

dpkennedy said...

I love how you incorporated the inspiration elements in your card with the colors and window! Perfect!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Julia, you took the window diecut to the next level! I love your artistic take on the challenge! Beautiful work! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome!!!!

Wida said...

Oh this is cool, I like how you interpreted the paneling. So very edgy :) (my kind of card) Thanks for playing, so glad you did!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful and artistic design!! Love the window!! HUGS :)

Anne Harada said...

Wow, this came out beautifully. I love your creativity here, wonderfully abstract and fun Julia!

Katie Gehring said...

Julia, I love your interpretation of the dress. The splashes of color of color are so artistic and incorporating the wainscoting via the window die cut is truly inspired!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is so creative...I love the window! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Darnell said...

Whoo-Hoo!! Congratulations, Julia, for the awesome Fashionista award for your stunning card!!