Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Splash of Love

I've been stamping up a storm the past couple of days - but not posting (!)  so today I have a few cards to share. I've been having fun checking out all of the CAS challenges out here in Blog Land!

 First I have a card that I made for the Cas-ual Friday's Challenge - Make your Mark - to use markers in some way.

I used Ranger Distress Markers, a piece of acetate and a Mini Mister with water to create these backgrounds.  I learned the technique over at Split Coast Stampers -  and it's called Smackin' Acetate!
First, you take a piece of acetate about the size of the front of your card.  Color onto the acetate with your markers.  Spritz the acetate with a Mini Mister filled with water.  Then quickly place the acetate over your card front - colors down - and rub over the back of the acetate.  Remove the acetate and VOILA - you have a cool background!  I used a different number of 'spritz's' on each card -  the less water you use - the more defined the marker strokes are.  I used the most water on the card below. My sentiment is from MFT.
I made this card using the sketch from Less is More and I used the Cherish Border from Memory box to qualify for the Addicted to CAS challenge - Code Word: Heart

In case you can't read my little sentiment - it says "love is in the air".  It's from Tiny Treats: Valentine by PTI.

Well,  thanks for stopping by today - tomorrow I'll be posting a card using home made Washi Tape -  you can check it out on Claire's WMS blog here.

Add a Splash card:
Stamps:  Clearly Sentimental About Art - MFT
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Ranger distress markers - barn door, faded jeans, Spiced Marmelade, acetate, mini mister - Ranger.
Love is in the Air card:
Stamps:  Tiny Treats: Valentine - PTI
Paper:  Pure Poppy, true black - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Cherish Border - Memory Box

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the splashes of colour, and adore the border for your love card!
TFS with Addicted to CAS this week :)
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card. Love the boarder. One for the shopping list! Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS heart challenge this week.
Florence x

Jen Nelson said...

julia i love you LIM card... fab idea

Thanks for joining us this week!

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Shobana said...

Your LIM card is so striking! :)

Annette Allen said...

these are amazing...love all the color..

Loll said...

Hi Julia. Your Smackin' Acetate cards are fabulous. Love the colors and how the different amount of misting produces such unique results. Will have to try that technique!

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS ... love your heart border card. The black and red colors are so striking. Loll xx

Michele Gross said...

Such a cool technique! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Deb said...

Both cards are fabulous! I love that marker/spritz technique! I will have to try that. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia its absolutely ages since I passed by and see I have missed so much of your beautiful work. Love your stunning work so dynamic and these are no exception. So lovely to have you join us at Addicted to CAS and do hope we will see you again.

Marie

Chrissie said...

What a fab LIM card!
I love that vibrant red!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

I like your selection of cards using markers - looks like lots of fun! Your LIM card is absolutely stunning!

Cazro said...

I love your dramatic and romantic in red and black Valentine card. Perfect for our challenge at Addicted to CAS, thanks for sharing. Caz

Christine said...

Great way to use this die! The black and red hits the eye!
Thanks for playing along at ATCAS!
Christine