Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WMS August Release Preview Day 1 - Vintage Gardens

Welcome Stamping Friends!  For the next three days I, and my fellow WMS Design Team Members, will be previewing all of the wonderful new stamps sets Claire has created for the Waltzingmouse August Release that will be available on Friday August 24th.

Today the Design Team is working with wonderful Vintage Garden sets -  There are 3 mini sets -  Vintage Garden Produce, Vintage Garden Flowers,  Vintage Garden Appleblossom Seeds and a full size set, Vintage Seed Garden.

For my first project, I made a card using the vintage carrot image from Vintage Garden Produce, inking it with orange and green and stamping it on a panel of Rustic Cream card stock.  I stamped the word 'carrot' right over the image.  I layered the stamped panel over the Rustic Cream card using foam tape and sponged the edges of the card with Antique Linen.  Very clean and simple focusing on the lovely detail of the image!  This makes a lovely note card.
 Next, I made a tag using this pretty hyacinth and the Latin name of the flower stamp from the mini set Vintage Garden Flowers. I just love the smell of hyacinths when they bloom in my garden around Easter time each spring! This would make a lovely bookmark for a friend who gardens or who just loves flowers!
I used a shipping tag, coloring it by running my Victorian Velvet Distress ink pad across my non-stick craft mat, spritzing it with water and dragging the tag through it. I dried it with my hot gun and stamped the hyacinth and Latin name with black ink.  I colored the plant using Cut-n-Dry pen nibs and distress inks.  I stamped the background using a stamp from the Chicken Wire set and the dotted background from Off Beat Backgrounds.  Then I sponged the edges of the tag with Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.  I layered the tag to a piece of purple card stock, added 3 rhinestones and looped two colored seam tapes and a shimmer cord through the hole.

For my last project today - I made a card using the stamp sold singly called Vintage Garden Appleblossom Seeds.  The sentiment is from a set we'll be previewing tomorrow and the background panel is from Pic-Nic Patterns. 

 I colored the seed pack image with Copics, cut it out and layered it on the white card with foam tape. I made this card for the Featured  Stamper Challenge on Split Coast and I CASED this card of Maureens changing images but using her basic sketch and garden theme.

Now let's go and see what the following  Design Team Members have created today!  Please stop by tomorrow for Preview Day #2!

Anya Schrier
 Becca Feeken
 Bonnie Sharp
Belinda Chang Langner
Julia Aston  You are here!
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

Carrot Card:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Vintage Garden Produce (to be released 8/24)
Paper:  Rustic Cream - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo, Ranger Distress Antique Linen.
Accessories:  Foam tape.

Hyacinth Tag:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse -  Vintage Garden Flowers (to be released 8/24), Chicken Wire, Off Beat Backgrounds.
Paper:  Royal Velvet - PTI, Avery shipping tag 4 1/4" x 2 3/8" - Staples
Ink:  Ranger Distress - Black Soot, Scattered straw, frayed burlap, tumbled glass, dusty concord, peeled paint, Victorian Velvet.
Accessories:  shimmer cord and wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Mini Mister, Non Stick Craft Mat and Cut-n-Dry Pen Nibs - Ranger, rhinestones - Kaiser

Seeded Thanks: 
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Pic Nic Patterns, with Thanks from Camellia (available 8/24), Vintage Garden Appleblossom Seeds (available 8/24)
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Copics - G82, E53, E37, BG10, Y38, ROO, Peabod Twine - The Twinery, foam tape, glue dots.

19 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Such loveliness! Love all the new images and how you showcased them. And I am loving the new mini sets especially!

Lynn W. said...

These are all beautiful Julia and I can't wait for the release now!

Lynn Wild

Cammie said...

Stunning showcases for these beautiful new stamp! I love that you show these beautiful images with different styles from clean and simple to layered vintage.

Ann said...

I just started stamping again. These are absolutely beautiful!!
Mstgane
Ann

Kathi said...

Wow, wow and wow... I LOVE all your projects, the colors, the arrangements, beautiful and stunning!
XX Kathi

Deborah Frings said...

What fabulous projects. Love the pretty tag!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful job on all of these amazing projects Julia. You have really captured the essence of these sets, showcasing them in the lovely vintage style they were meant for. Amazing creativity!

Annette Allen said...

wow look at all that amazing creativity...i love it all...i always enjoy stopping by...

Marlena M. said...

Wow, I'm excited for this release from what you've shown here Julia! Gorgeous carrot card,tag and thank you card. I love them all.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful samples Julia! So fun that you could fit one in for the SCS challenge! wahoo!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
That's all I can say...
just purely gorgeous!
It's only Day 1 and I'm already dying!! :)

Vickie Z said...

These awe wonderful! Perfect notecard with the carrot, love the gorgeous tag and the background stamps are fabulous with the hyacinth, last card just love the seed packet stamp and how you showcased it!

Marybeth said...

I cant stand it , I love this set and you have showcased beautifully. Your carrot card is gorgeous! I have a similar one framed on my wall. Wow!

Lagene said...

Love your cards and the tag is amazing!

Becca Feeken said...

Julia, these are stunning!! Love all the coloring - you used in a fabulous way!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Julia! Wow these are so pretty - love your coloring / inking and the vintage feel you created here!

Mary Marsh said...

love all that you are showing today Julia-the tag is my fave-you always do such an incredible job with your tags

Pauline said...

I love all these vintage inspired projects, a wonderful showcase for these new stamps! I'm getting very excited for release day! Your hyacinth bookmark is so pretty, and the cards are gorgeous, great background stamping.

Kim said...

Love the vintage images! Great projects! : )