Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WMS August Preview Day 2 - Camellia & Opera Tags

Wow -  did you just LOVE all the Vintage Garden inspiration yesterday?  And thank you for all your lovely comments left!

Today the Waltzingmouse Design Team is previewing a lovely full size flower set called Camellia and a mini label set called Opera Tags.  There are also dies available created just for the WMS Opera set by Spellbinders - how cool is that?

I used stamps from both sets on this card -  stamping one of the opera tags, cutting it out by hand (didn't get the dies yet!), putting a large eyelet through the top, threading ribbon and eyelash yarn through the eyelet and layering it on the card base with thick foam dots.  I stamped the 'with Thanks' directly on the card - don't you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the font on this?!!  There's a little shadow around the Thanks part....
 I stamped the Camellia and the leaves on white card stock.  Then I colored them with Ranger Distress stains (Worn Lipstick on the flower, Forest Green and Weathered Wood on the leaves).  After the stain dried - I spritzed the flower and leaves with gold Perfect Pearls mixed with water in a Mini Mister.  It adds a shimmer that doesn't quite show up in my pics (you might see it a bit below on the green part of the leaf).  I curved the leaves over my finger a bit and layered the flower and leaves over the opera tag again using thick foam dots so they really pop off the card.  My card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".

For my next project - I wanted to show that if you're not into coloring - these Camillias look lovely just stamped in a color on white!
I stamped the flower in red and the leaves in green and cut them out.  I stamped one of the sentiments from the Vintage Seed Packet set we showed yesterday and cut it with a banner die. I layered the leaves and sentiment to the back of the flower with foam tape.  I adhered all three to the front of this pretty polka dot organza bag from Pouch Mart using thick glue dots.
I used to have this 'thing' about soaps - I bought them or picked them up everywhere I went - the one in the green wrapper is a Bayberry Soap I bought at Colonial Williamsburg and inside the bag is a Comfrey Clarifying Bar from a stay at an Omni Hotel when we attended a wedding in Philadelphia  - it's packaged in crimped soft cardboard with a green belly band around it - so pretty and wonderful smelling!!  - anyway -  packaged soap is a wonderful gift idea to put in a little bag 'For My Friend' - and with my collection of soap - I can make quite a few of these!!! This bag is 4" x 6".

Here are links to the rest of the Design Team -  let's go see what creations they made today!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for Day 3 of the previews!

Anya Schrier
 Becca Feeken
Bonnie Sharp
 Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston  You are here!
Jennifer Holmes
 Kelly Schirmer
 Laurie Schmidlin
 Lynn Mercurio
 Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

With Thanks
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Opera Tags, Camellia (available 8/24)
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Stains - Worn Lipstick, Weathered Wood, Forest Moss, jumbo eyelet - SU, thick foam dots, mini mister and Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger,, Cropadile, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, glitter eyelash yarn - Martha Stewart
For My Friend
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Camellia, Vintage Seed Packet (available 8/24)
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Love Letter, Bamboo Leaves
Accessories:  thick glue dots, foam tape, rhinestones - Kaiser & Michaels, Banner from Nested Lacey Pennants, packaged soaps, polka dot organza bag - Pouch Mart.


16 comments:

Pauline said...

Julia, these are gorgeous! Beautiful card and a fag gift bag, those floral images are stunning! And matching dies too?! Wow!

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful projects! I love the elegance of your first card and the fun tag on the soap. I think the tags are super!

NUTHINBUTDABUG said...

Love it!!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are lovely Julia. I love the look of the Opera Tags behind your flower, which is colored beautifully, btw!

Your pouch gift is delightful and that blingy center for your blossom is the perfect touch.

Marybeth said...

Hi Julia. I do love the font ,and the leaves look real. Such an elegant tag, love it! I bet the gift set smell wonderful.

Renee said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julia!!
Love it all!!
The coloring and how you showed how gorgeous this bloom is all on it's own...
everything is perfect!! :)

Julie S said...

gorgeous! The coloring on your leaves is amazing. I was staring at them trying to figure out what you stamped on - they looked a bit translucent to me.

Jill Norwood said...

Lovely inspiration! Love the gift bag with the camellia blossom - great packaging idea for the soap! And the detail of these images and sentiments is truly beautiful!

Cathy Weber said...

These are gorgeous! Your leaves on the first card look absolutely real! I love the cute little soap bag too. Dies! Yay!

Peggy said...

Beautiful cards Julia! Love the flowers!

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card Julia-and I love the gift bag as well

Annette Allen said...

those flowers are gorgeous...stunning cards...

Unknown said...

oh my! I just love the Camellia stamp and going straight to Waltzingmouse to get one. what a lovely project TFS

Becca Feeken said...

Aw, now that's a fabulous idea with the gift bag - all together it makes for one amazing gift!!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Julia! What beautiful projects! I love the stunning blossoms!

Vickie Z said...

Love both of these! The camellia looks fabulous on the opera tag and the soap tidied is perfect!