Saturday, July 3, 2010

Come Away with Me!

I made this card for the color challenge over on Split Coast which, not having the SU colors listed, I interpreted as orangey, bluey and browney! (and I know there are a few rogue colors snuck in there on my DP too!! LOL!!!)

I stamped right on my patterned designer paper so I hit the dessert option too!
I chose my design and stamps for Tuesdays Tea Party challenge on Split Coast - which was to show 'Pure relaxation at the beach' - while we are drinking tea!
After stamping and distressing - I spritzed my card with gold perfect pearls mixed with water - so there is a shimmer on this card IRL. I also swiped some Mustard Seed Distress Ink down the center to give it a sunny glow!
My stamps are all by Waltzingmouse , the waves, bike, surf board and skateboarder from Free Spirit Boy and the sentiment and tea cup from Afternoon Tea.
My beach card will be going postal to Elaine who is ill and dreams of the ocean. You can check out the whole teaparty story here including a link to Elaine's story if you'd like to send her a card too!
Buyer alert!!!! Claire at Waltzingmouse is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders placed 7/1 - 7/3! Orders must be over £50 GBP (£50GBP is roughly equivalent to $75 USD, $86.20 AUD, $78 CAD and €61 Euros at today's rate from XE.com , subject to change) So now's a great time to order all those sets you've been dying to get! Today's the last day so hurry over!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Afternoon Tea
Paper: Rustic White - PTI, DP Cosmo Cricket/Snorkel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Tea Dye & Mustard Seed, Baja Breeze - SU
Accessories: water spritzer with Perfect Pearls, edge distresser, spiral punch - SU, sponge applicater - Ranger

11 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super card, Julia. What a fun, fresh design.

Stef H said...

wow julia! how fabulous! super colors. it's absolutely fabulous!!!

Ren-Yi said...

wow -- i love your paper and how you stamped into that fun / bright color. would you be willing to do a more detailed tutorial? absolutely fascinated by the artsy-ness by it.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Browney, orangey, bluey? those colors sound right to me, GF!!! I love the spiral punch and that wonderful surfer dude!! Hugs to you and Kent!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Excellent use of images and colour, I love that this is one layer-ish and still has lots of elements!

~amy~ said...

Oh Julia, I love this....great use of the images and the snorkel line!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great card for both the challenges, Julia!!! The dp is just perfect for your beachy theme and I love the stamps you used!!!! My DD and I finally ordered some WM stamps...can't wait to play with them!!!

Velta said...

Amazing creation Julia~ Hope you had a Happy 4th :)

Bonnie McLain said...

WOW... so many pretty and wild things you have created since the last time I was here... love them all... but the box with the round notes... so lovely... love it so much... really an inspiration to create one for a friend... thanks Julia... love them all..

Peggy said...

Love your color interpretation names! The stamping directly on your DP is fantastic with the movement in the paper! Awesome card!