Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Summer Cabin Sketch

I made this card for Heather's Sketch Challenge. Look at this fun sketch!



And this is the card I created using the H&M Stamp set Dad's Outdoors. I just love this little cottage and lantern. It reminds me of my growing up summers camping in Maine and New Hampshire - only we were in a tent!




I cut and embossed the vanilla panel with my square nestability and framed it with a Really Rust scalloped square (you almost can't see it against the DP I used!) I thought this ribbon was perfect to go with the colors I used on the images.I took the 'Happy Father's Day' sentiment from the set and just cut the words 'Happy' and 'Day' to use on this card. I'm thinking it could be a birthday card or just a 'hello - it's summer' card?!! Any day in a cottage is a Happy Day - right!?!



Stamps: H&M Stamps - Dad's Outdoors
Paper: Really Rust, Very Vanilla, DP - Apple Cider - SU


Ink - Onyx Black Versafine


Supplies: striped grosgrain ribbon - Michaels, foam dimensionals, Prismacolor markers: Limepeel, green tea, olive green, jasmine, terra cotta, ash gray, taupe, putty

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ok, Wowzahs Julia! LOVE this card and your wonderful colors as well as those images! Super fun and thank you for playing!

Debbie Corbari said...

Love this! Beautiful colors! The images work perfectly with this sketch! TFS!

Renee said...

What a fun card and it's so cute! I love it!

Susan said...

love the cabin, Julie! such great texture, too

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great take on the sketch Julia! love the green cabin! Great dp and ribbon!