Saturday, July 4, 2026

Inkspirational Challenge #371 - Visual Prompt

 The newest challenge is up over at Inkspirational.


As you can see -  I went with the lemons from the Visual Prompt!  

I'm not partial to lemons (too acidic for me) and so found that all I had in my craft room on the topic of lemons, was a stamp of a glass of lemonade (which will be have to wait to be used on another day)  and the Dried Citrus Slices die from the Greetery, which I die cut and inked with Distress Inks.  

They can be lemon slices or orange slices depending on the color you use!  The die cut leaves are Etched Laurel Leaves from Simon Says Stamp.  The background was embossed using Fallen Leaves EF from Sizzix.  One of the lemon slices is up on foam dots.  The sentiment strip and yellow gems are from Waffle Flower.


We'd love to see how this Visual Prompt inspires you!  Please link up your creations over at the Inkspirational Blog!

This challenge ends on 7/17.

Also sending my card to:

Potpourri (def: A mix of things)
lemons, green stems, sunshine  ends 7/12

Layers - Die Cut - Summer Colors 
ends 7/17


Forgotten Favorite - Citrus Slices dies from The Greetery
ends 7/8

Anything Goes  ends 7/8




Paper:  Bright Buttercup - Papertrey Ink, Water Color Paper - Canson Cold Press.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber.
Other Supplies:  Dried Citrus Slices Die - The Greetery, Etched Laurel Leaves Die - Simon Says Stamp, Fallen Leaves 3D Textured Embossing Folder - Sizzix, Sentiment Strip  and Candy Dots - Waffle Flower, foam dots.

19 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is awesome Julia! You are so creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Double D Co-Owner
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

Lisa Elton said...

The depth on this is incredible, what a fantastic card, Julia! So happy to spot this our Just Us Girls gallery!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Those lemons are amazing, what a great job at making them look so real! Great card, thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

Trina P. said...

Brilliant… bold and bright take on the visual prompt. The dimension and texture are amazing on this fairly monochromatic yellow-on-yellow Card.

Trina P. said...

and btw… happy 4th of July to you! 🇺🇸❤️🤍💙

Christine said...

I love the effect of your embossed lemons, they almost look real ❤️
Happy 4th of July xx

cm said...

WOW! A detailed, textured, dimensional and over all gorgeous take on our inspiration photo! Your focal cluster of lemon slices and leaves is just striking! Once again, your creativity dazzles!
hugs~carol

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh this card is an eye stopper. I mean that in the best way. That background is outstanding with these dried lemon slices. I think this is a winner. Glad to see you here at Double D Challenge.
Barbara DT

Pia S said...

I'm loving your realistic looking lemon slices, all the texture and your use of lots of yellow. Fab background and love the pop of green leaves here, A fantastic card, Julia!

Bonnie said...

What wonderful texture, Julia! I'm loving all this yellow!

ElizStewart said...

Julia... this card is fabulous! The texture! There are no words for how it grabs you... And I love the all-over yellow. Wowzer. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

What a beautiful card! The textures give it all its appeal! Gorgeous in yellow and green too! Thanks so much for playing at Just Us Girls!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful! One of my favorite embossing folders, and those lemons do have a very distinct dried look to them. Your card is a real eye catcher in our Potpourri gallery at Double D. Thank you for sharing with us!

Cindy Beach said...

I just have to say WOW! You really rocked the summer colors! Your lemons are lovely topped on that beautiful textured background. Thanks for sharing with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

Loll said...

LOVE your card Julia. The lemon slices look real! :) And I love how the embossed leaf background is in the same tones. I have this folder and don't think I've made a card with it. I must give it a try using different colours! xx

Rosanne Mulhern said...

I'm really liking all the texture your created on this card. You rocked the summer colors despite not liking lemons!lol. Thanks for joining us at the TTTC

HilaryJane said...

I have just seen this stunning card in the wining position over at can you handle the pressure and I thought I hadn't visited it and I was right. Sorry to have missed this beauty and what a well deserved win. Congratulations xx

Marlena M. said...

Look at that gorgeous texture!!! LOVE~

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a stunning lemon slice card with all the texture, Julia - love this!!