Monday, May 2, 2022

April Card Chain Challenge Reveal Post

 Today's the Reveal Post for the April Card Chain Challenge.  This month I made and sent my card to Hilary in Great Britain and I received a card from Linda in Michigan!

We are given options to choose for our card design each month.   I chose to use the color palette, and two of the themes - Wild and Friendship.


Here's my card

I first die cut the honeycomb corner on a water color paper panel using Mixed Media Thinlits from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  Then I stenciled over the right side of the panel with one of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Stencils using a blender brush and Limeade Ink.

I marked my white card base to show where the die cutout part on the panel was and sponged over that area on the card base using a blender brush and Maple Yellow Ink. Then I adhered the die cut panel onto the card base so the yellow showed through the honeycomb.

I made 3 little bees using the Fire Flies Die from The Greetery (coloring them with Copics to look like bees!) and adhered them to the panel with foam dots.  

I stamped the sentiment, a wood mounted stamp from Memory Box, over the stenciled area with Obsidian Ink.

To finish off my design, I added 3 clear sequins for a little sparkle!

If you are interested in making a card and receiving a card any month - please check out The Card Chain Challenge to see how fun and easy it is!  You can just do it one month, or come back and sign up for another!

Also joining in on:





Stamps:  What's the Buzz? - Wood mount stamp/Memory Box
Ink:  Limeade, Maple Yellow, Obsidian - Altenew
Paper:  Water Color Paper - Canson Cold Press, White - Papertrey Ink.
Accessories:  Mixed Media Thinlits Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Fire Flies Die - The Greetery, Mini Stencil - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, foam dots, orange and black Copics, clear sequins, blender brushes.

12 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Love how you used this Tim Holtz die, I have it too and seem to struggle with it! This is a fabulous design and the bees are so cute! I made a bee themed card too for the April CCC :)
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So many of us are loving the bees for our CCC - so fun!! Just love your corner honeycomb and trio of bees, Julia! That soft stenciling looks amazing too!!

Angelnorth said...

Those little bees are adorable (and creatively adapted, too!), great CCC card Julia!

Loll said...

This is so adorable, Julia! Love the way you've used the challenge colours. And great work stretching your fire fly dies into bees. Turned out perfect! xx

Mac Mable said...

Those bees are so cute and a fun idea to adapt the firefly dies x. Fabulous design, love the colours and I bet Hilary loved it? x.

Pia S said...

This is a beautiful design, where everything works together naturally and perfectly, like hand in glove. It's a great design for using the color scheme. Well done!

nancy littrell said...

Love your colors, textures and sweet buzzing bees, Julia. TFS Love and Hugs...

HilaryJane said...

I am very happy and proud to have this beauty sitting on my shelf, thanks Julia. I do love those little die cut bees, they are so cute but I bet they were a fiddle to put together xx

Bonnie said...

These little bees are adorable and the background is fun and has so much interest!

Robyn Oliver said...

A wonderful card Julia, love the freshness you achieved with the colours and those cute bees... have a lovely day, Robyn

LeAnne said...

THis card is amazing! Those bees look like they could fly right off the page and I love the fun and funky color scheme! Great honeycomb diecut too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Julia this is lovely! The corner diecut is great and I love the stencilling too in the lime green. This adds such a freshness to your card and those bees are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!