Saturday, April 9, 2022

The Comfort of a Mountain View

 I recently purchased this interesting Abstract Mountain Die from Ellen Hutson. These are the first cards I've made with it.

For my first try, I used just 3 colors, and splattered it with a white POSCA Pen for a snow effect.

For the second card,  I tried 6 different colors and added an inked circle sun .  This one I splattered with a gold paint pen and also added gold dots to the black piece of landscape.

I'm linking my card to:

Time Out Challenges

NBUS



Stamps: Sentiment set - from Amazon

Paper:  Dark Chocolate, True Black, Honey Nut, Ocean Tide, Enchanted Evening, Soft Stone, Weather Vane, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream - PTI 

Accessories: Abstract Mountain Die - Essentials by Ellen Hutson, Fine Tip Gold Paint Marker - Top Notch,  white POSCA Pen, Metallic Stickers/Quotations - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, sentiment strip die from Amazon, foam dots.

7 comments:

Trina P. said...

Two great scenes with the dies. Love the splatters.

Christine Alexander said...

great scene die, love the 6 different colours such a bold background ♥

Loll said...

Very cool mountain die, Julia! Love both cards. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - I've not scene that die used. You did amazing things with it, Julia! Just love both versions but the second really catches the eye with the dotted pattern in there!

Bonnie said...

Two lovely mountain scenes, Julia!

Darnell said...

I can see where that would be great fun to play with, sis! The possibilities are endless with colors and pp and with night/day, or sun/moon, or sunny/inclement. Or should that be clement/ inclement?😆Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love both cards. They are so close in design and yet, so different. What a wonderful take on our challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!