Saturday, April 2, 2022

March Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Today they are revealing all the cards sent and received over at the March Card Chain Challenge.  This month I sent my card to Joanne in CT and received a beautiful card from Lia in the Netherlands!

I used the March Sketch option and two of the theme options: Forest and Friendship.

 

First, I masked off the edges of my card panel.and sponged the inside area lightly with Tea Dye Distress Ink using a blender brush.  Then I sponged over the panel with White Orbs Stencil and Tea Dye Distress Ink which added the darker small circles.  I removed the masking tape from the edges and stamped the Keeping Faith Sentiment in black ink using my Misti.  I stamped the Fairy Fir Tree 2 stamp in black ink in the bottom right corner slightly off the edges of the panel, again using my Misti.  I used an acrylic circle mask to sponge the large circles as per the sketch.

Check out this fun monthly challenge where cards are exchanged internationally!  

You'll find The Card Chain Challenge here.




Stamps: Keeping Faith, Fairy Fir Tree 2 - Lavinia Stamps
Paper: white - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Obsidian - Altenew, Ranger Distress Tea Dye.
Accessories: White Orbs Stencil, Acetate Circle Masks - Lavinia Stamps, blending brush.

9 comments:

papierelle said...

This is a very good implementation of the sketch specification. A great idea.

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful, love how you used the sketch with your design. And what a great quote! I used the sketch this time too :)

HilaryJane said...

Love the softness of your background and what a great interpretation of the sketch, I love it. I am sorry I don't seem to have visited you for a while, I just keep running out of time. I am sure you know that feeling xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love your take on the sketch, Julie - what a gorgeous card and lovely sentiment too!!

Bonnie said...

What a great background for this sweet tree and a fabulous sentiment!

Loll said...

The layered stenciling makes the most amazing background. Really shows off your fabulous black images. Great card Julia! xx

Susan said...

Fabulous stencilling and a great card design with the tree and the inspiring sentiment.

Pia S said...

You did a wonderful card using the sketch and several themes, your card really stood out to me. Well done!

Dotty Jo said...

This is such a gorgeous way of using the sketch, Julia! Thanks for being a link in our chain or creativity and friendship again, Jo x