Monday, January 3, 2022

January CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Silver and Gold

 The CAS Christmas Card Challenge is back after a little break over December.  And I am hosting the January Challenge which is to use Silver and Gold!

My card today is truly CAS - just two die cuts on a 4 1/4" square card!  
I bought both of these dies last year but didn't use them until today!  I die cut The Angel Corner by Tutti Designs out of silver and the Alleluia die from Simon Says Stamp out of gold - the Alleluia die comes with a shadow die to put behind the cut word but I didn't use it today.  
I made 4 of these while I was at it as it was so simple!
So please join us and get a jump on your Christmas Cards right off the bat!  You'll find the challenge here.  You'll also find lots of inspiration from the rest of the DT as well as our wonderful Guest Designer this month - Lisa (My Paper Tales)


I'm also linking my sparkly silver and gold card to:
The Paper Players
It even looks rather like the bottom right photo!

NBUS Challenge

bought my dies last year but never used until today


 
 



Paper: White - PTI, Metallic Silver and Gold - Kraft Paper Pad Metallics - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.
Accessories: Angel Corner Die - Tutti Designs, Alleluia Word and Shadow Die - Simon Says Stamp, Glue pen.

21 comments:

Linda said...

Julia, this challenge really stumped me at first cause you usually use all silver or all gold. Thanks for the challenge. Your card is beautiful with the pretty Angel die and Alleluia.

Christine Alexander said...

Great Challenge Julia, I love the classic colours and your die cuts may be simple but stunning ♥

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Clean and elegant! This angel die cut is fabulous. I LOVE it. I am so glad you played in my "sparkly" challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card, Julia! Your angel is so pretty and I love how you placed the sentiment! It's the perfect CAS design to showcase silver and gold ~ xx

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Julia!! I love your angel die...that is SO pretty, and it goes beautifully with the alleluia die cut!! Lovely, lovely card my friend, and thanks for starting us out with such a fun challenge!! Hugs. 😊

Brenda in IN said...

I love angels and this is just stunning, Julia. A beautiful challenge for us.

Susan said...

That is CAS perfection, Julia! Such a wonderful design to use the silver and gold of the challenge!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty angel die, Julia! It's a perfect fit for this square card! Simple and elegant, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty card, Julia! Love that angel die!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is simple, effective, and very festive, Julia! Love the way you arranged the beautiful Angel and the sentiment die-cut. They're so well-balanced.
Silver and Gold are perfect colors to start the new year. Great challenge!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Two beautiful die-cuts for you silver and gold card, Julia. The framed angel is gorgeous. I have not seen anything like it before. And your large sentiment is the perfect balance. This is such a fun challenge, Julia. Thanks so much for hosting! xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful CAS card Julia, the angel and sentiment look wonderful in silver and gold, great inspiration for the challenge, Cathy x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful dies and CAS Christmas card design...so perfect for making multiples. TFS and hosting your fun challenge, Julia. I do plan on playing:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous card!!!

Colleen said...

Wow Julia! First thank you for this awesome challenge and I LOVE your angel die, gosh and paired with the Alleluia die it is PERFECT! Thank you!!

Darnell said...

Great idea for the challenge, sis, and I love your beautiful Christmas card angel in silver and your sediment in gold! Way to use your design eye and combine them perfectly! And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Christy Lynn said...

A simple design, but such a showstopper with the mixed metallics! Great use of the two dies together, they look like they were made for each other even though they're by different companies. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Julia! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Trina P. said...

How beautiful and angelic, Julia! Great use of silver and gold.

Mac Mable said...

What an eye catching card with stunning die cuts and a great idea to make a few more at the same time x.

HilaryJane said...

Just beautiful, simple is often best xx