Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mid month reminder - CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Snowmen

 Today I'm sharing my reminder card for this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge.  Hideko would like us to use SNOWMEN on our cards!

I used yet another sweet image from Colorado Craft Co -  Snowmen and Bunnnies.  You actually get two images in this set!  I used a light watercolor wash to color the image, stamping with Obsidian Ink from Altenew on to Canson watercolor Cold Press paper.  I water colored a bit of color along the edges and then kind of dragged the color over with a wet brush.

You have until 6/24 to link up your CAS Snowman Christmas card!  You'll find the challenge here!


Stamps:  Snowmen and Bunnies - Colorado Craft Co.
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Canson Cold Press, white card base - PTI
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories -  watercolor paints, water, brush.

13 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG, this couldn't be any cuter...that bunny putting the carrot on the face of the snowman is fantastic! wonderful card, Julia!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Julia your Snowman and rabbit are adorable. OK now that set's on my wish list :)

Brenda in IN said...

This is so adorable. Imagine the snowman's surprise to see the bunny so up close! Cute as can be.

Marcia Hill said...

Love, LOVE this image Julia, but then I love ALL of the Anita Jeram images!! You've water colored this just beautifully too! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Love those Colorado Stamp Co. stamps! This one is adorable! Is the rabbit adding the carrot to the snowman or is he trying to steal it to eat it?! Lovely soft watercolouring!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this card is so ADORABLE, Julia! LOVE the snowman and bunny hanging from his nose. Great watercolouring! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Julia! I love this cute little bunny hanging onto the snowman's nose...such a fun card! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is sooo adorable, Julia! Your light-touch watercoloring is perfect for this sweet image! You're so versatile! You make intricate 3D mixed media projects, and you also make this kind of very clean and simple cards. Amazing talent!
Hideko xx
p.s. We're on the same wavelength today. I received your kind comments while writing this. :-)

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable, love the gentle colouring and loving that image Julia x.

Trina P. said...

Oh my goodness, that image is so precious and made me smile! It’s absolutely adorable. Wonderful watercoloring. Fabulous card. .

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this sweet image and the soft watercoloring, Julia!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi, Julia!! I swear I didn't look at this wonderful gallery before grabbing my supplies, but it sure does look as if we played cards together! Yours is as lovely as can be! xx
=]

Linda said...

Julia, such a fun image with the bunny and snowman. Sweet card.