Thursday, June 3, 2021

June CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Snowmen!

 It's Summer here in MA, sunny, warm and the gardens are growing!!   

What better time to make Snowman cards for the June CAS Christmas Card Challenge!  Hideko is our wonderfully creative Hostess this month and she wants to see Frosty!

Here's the card I made.  

I love making shaped cards, so my snowman card IS a snowman!

I die cut two snowmen, one out of watercolor paper (for sturdiness) to use as the back of the card and one out of white glitter cardstock for the front of the card. I glued the two snowmen together at the top of the hat. Then I used a PEACE Movers and Shapers die to cut the piece out of his belly and backed that section of his body with a piece of blue glitter cardstock so you could really see the message!  

These are really older Tim Holtz dies but you may find them still on Amazon or Ebay?

I also cut the hat part of the snowman out of the blue glitter, trimmed it and glued it over the base snowman.  I die cut the holly leaf with another Movers and Shapers die and adhered it to his hat.  I tied a piece of wrinkled seam tape around his neck just on the front snowman.  I added black enamel dots for the eye and buttons.

I cut a tiny bit off his 'botttom' so it was straight across and he would stand up and not roll over!

Here's a look from the side showing him standing.
And from the back where you can see how I glued the blue sparkle piece on the inside of the front to show around the PEACE.

So please join us and show us your CAS frosty Snowmen!  You'll find the challenge details, Mr. Linky, and lots of inspiration from the Design Team as well as our talented Guest Designer, Steph, over at
the CAS Christmas Card Challenge blog!


Paper:  Glitter Blue, Glitter White, Glitter Green - Michaels, water color paper - Canson Cold Press.
Accessories:  Winter Wonder (snowman) Bigz Die, Movers and Shapers Peace Die, Movers and Shapers Mini Pine Tree and Holly Die -  - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, enamel dots - Altenew, wrinkled seam tape.

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Amazing snowman shaped card, so creative and so very unique Julia x. Glad he wasn't hurt when you cut off a bit from his 'bottom'.....Lol....x.

HilaryJane said...

Your snowman is just brilliant. I bet he is really really sparkly and what a great idea for his scarf, great card xx

Linda said...

Julia, love your glittery snowman. So cute. Fantastic card.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... I LOVE your snowman, snowman card! :) This is amazing, Julia! Love the glittery details too. xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a clever, clever snowman shaped card Julia!! I'm loving all the sparkle and the die cut "peace" out of his tummy...sweet, SWEET card!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

love this shaped card, so clever using your snowman die. Love it :)

nancy littrell said...

Wow..you are so clever and creative, Julia:-) Your glittery snowman die cut card is adorable and will make someone...young or old very Merry this Christmas. TFS all your steps and side view photo. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

What a brilliant idea to make a shaped card that is a snowman! Love the way you cut the sentiment out of him and backed it with the blue to match the hat. Truly fabulous!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable snowman, Julia! I love how you used white and blue glitter cardstock, especially how the blue is peeking through the sentiment...fun Christmas card!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable snowman, Julia! I love how you used white and blue glitter cardstock, especially how the blue is peeking through the sentiment...Fun Christmas card!

Tina Z. said...

I like shaped cards too, they are so special. this snowman is so adorable.

Trina P. said...

Ooh, this is so cute and creative, Julia! Love how sparkly it is. Great colours, too.

Jeanne H said...

I too love your snowman. How creative you are. Hmmm, I wonder where my peace die is. An oldie but goodie.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a sparkly and cute snowman shaped card, Julia! I know you make wonderful 3D items, and this is such a clever idea! I love how you show the sentiment using the pretty blue glitter, and put a cute red scarf around his neck. I will look for my snowman die, and CASE this card. My nieces will love it. :-)
Hideko xx

StephW said...

Thank you for my guest designer warm welcome this month! Your shaped snowman card was totally unexpected .. isn't he fabulously glitzy! Steph x

Bonnie said...

This is AWESOME, Julia! What a wonderful idea to use this die for a shaped card! Love the glitter and his ruffled scarf!

Cathy said...

Amazing snowman shaped card! How fabulous is that die! Love all the sparkle, such a clever card, Cathy x

Colleen said...

I love this snowman and that you made it a shape card too! that is so clever, I love the peace in his belly! Fantastic card, Julia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable snowman card, Julia!! Such a great idea to cut the peace into his belly and I love his little scarf too!!