Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Birthday in the Woods

Today I have a birthday card to share.  

Loll is having a virtual Birthday Party for Susan over on her blog. I know both Loll and Susan from being active on Splitcoaststampers and most recently being on Loll's CAS challenge Design Teams. 

Susan celebrated a milestone birthday in the end of November and also had some scary health issues the past year so we want to show her our love and appreciation.   I already mailed her a card that she has hopefully received (that I did not take a photo of) so I've made this one to link up to her virtual party!  I know she loves the outdoors.

So - here's wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Susan!  I hope you had a lovely birthday celebration in some safe socially distant fashion with friends and family!

If you know Susan, perhaps you'd like to link up a card as well?   You'll find Loll's Birthday Card Link Up for Susan here.  The link is open until 12/12/2020.

Stamps:  Trio of Trees - Rubbernecker
Paper:  Water color paper - Canson Cold Press, white, Simply Chartreuse, clear acetate - PTI.
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Markers, water mister.

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful card for Susan and it sure shows her the love and appreciation we all have for her x.

Trina P. said...

This is gorgeous. Very sweet and considerate of you to create it for the linky party. Susan will love and appreciate it.

Christine Alexander said...

I'm sure Susan love the one in the mail and the virtual card. I have those stamps and they haven't been inked in many years. Wonderful inspiration to make me pull them out :)

Bonnie said...

Pretty trees and an awesome background for them, Julia! I'm sure Susan loves both her cards!

Susan said...

Thank you so much, Julia, for joining in the link-up for my birthday. I love this card and the actual card you mailed to me! And you're right - I love the outdoors, so appreciated these trees with the blue sky behind them - much like the woods where I love to walk my dog.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Julia. I know Susan will LOVE this card. It reminds me of Spirit Park near her house where she talks Tessa for walks. Wonderful work, my friend! So funny that you and I did the same thing. I mailed Susan's card without taking a photo, so made a second one that I posted on my blog. :)
I chalk it up to the busy times right now. :)

Thanks so much for joining in Susan's Linky Birthday Party! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wonderful nature-themed card, Julia! Beautifully watercolor-washed sky and the forest! I’m sure Susan will love this card as well as the already-sent one!
Hideko xx