Thursday, September 3, 2020

September CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas Tree

Today the September CAS Christmas Card Challenge is up on the blog.   Colleen is our creative hostess this month and she would like to see Christmas Trees on our CAS cards this month.
 
 I was happy to get out my recently purchased Tim Holtz Layered Pine die from Sizzix.  I cut the 2 layers of the tree out of Glitter Cardstock from Michaels.  Since the die cuts both pieces of the tree with one swoop - I also made a card with the green as the background and the blue as the smaller front layer! 

I used the Halftone Cover Die from Altenew to cut the circle 'ornaments' out of white Glitter Cardstock.  It's a background die of graduating size circles and was an easy way to get lots of perfect circles cut at once!

   I layered the tree over an oval cut using Pierced Feature Frame: Oval die from PTI.  
The sentiment is a Small Talk Occasions Sticker from Idea-ology. 

I used glue to adhere all the pieces as you need something strong to stick to the glitter cardstock.   The tree is up on foam dots and I added glue to the back of the dots as well so the tree would stick to the oval.
We hope you will join us in getting a jump on your Christmas card needs this year and link up some CAS Christmas Tree designs!    
You'll find lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team as well as our talented September Guest Designer.    
You'll find the challenge here and you have until Sept 24th to link up!




Paper:  White - PTI, Glitter Cardstock - Michaels.
Accessories:  Layered Pine Bigz Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Halftone Cover Die - Altenew, Pierced Feature Frame: Oval - PTI, Small Talk Occasion Stickers - Idea-ology

14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous two toned Christmas tree, Julie! Just love all the glitter too!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you chose an oval background for your sparkly tree, Julia! Beautiful two-toned color palette, too ~ This would be a great card to mass produce for the holidays :) Barb xx

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Julia, the glitter tree is gorgeous in those shades. I do wish I could do CAS cards - I might just start with something like this, I really love it.

Wishing you a very happy birthday for Saturday, I hope you have a lovely day and get to do something special. Keep safe and well my friend. Hugs, Anne xxx



Loll said...

LOVE your new tree die Julia! So beautiful in the two different colours of glitter paper. And the glittery ornaments are a perfect way to decorate the tree. xx

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Julia!! LOVE all the sparkle on your two tone Christmas tree and great idea to use the Half Tone die to get all the different size circles for the ornaments...have to remember that! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Colleen said...

wow, cutting it with glitter paper really makes it shine and sparkle! what a lovely design and a perfect solution for adding "ornaments" to your tree too!

Bonnie said...

What a fun Christmas tree design, Julia! I love how you decorated it with the glittery ornaments! I love the blue and green color scheme! I'll bet the reverse is just as fabulous!

Linda said...

Julia, such a pretty two tone tree with glitter paper. Lovely card.

tonilea said...

Yours is my favorite of all in the challenge. It is very unique. Great job!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely Christmas tree card, Julia! The sparkle is so pretty, and I love that you used blue for one of the tree layers. Using the halftone cover die for the small circles is a clever idea. Now I see my cover dies differently. :-)
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

This has a really fun modern feel Julia, such a sparkly festive card, love the look of this diecut tree, gorgeous card, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

Love that die and all your sparkle Julia, the idea of making a twofer sounds wonderful.

Mac Mable said...

All sparkly and so contemporary and I love it x.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Julia. What a cool tree die to cut both tree pieces at once. Love the two-tone and the gorgeous sparkle.
Hope you had a fantastic birthday yesterday.