Since Eileen is the very talented designer of the wonderful Cube Boxes from Sizzix - I decided to combine my new stamps and her Block/Cube/Bank Die for my project. This box is a 3" cube. I cut it out of Little Sizzles Black Mat Board from Sizzix.
There are two stamps for each image with Tim's Half Tone stamp sets . There's a background stamp made up of small dots and an outline stamp. For example the dots piece is in blue on the skull and the outline is in black. For the cats, the dots are the eyes. I stamped them all on Tim Holtz Specialty Paper and hand cut them out.
For each panel I cut a piece of Coredinations Kraft Core Paper and sanded each piece so the kraft core showed through. Then I stamped each panel with various Tim Holtz stamps to complement the Halloween image. I used stamps from The Chemist, Classics #16 and Bird Feathers.
For the top piece on my box, I stamped the witch and moon from the Halftone Halloween set on a panel I die cut with Tim's Arch Frame. It is wider than the box So I cut away below the image, folded the small end and slipped it through a slice I made in the Kraft Core panel I was attaching to the top of the box.
Here's the smaller piece of the arch adhered to one side of the Kraft core panel
And here it is - all done and standing up sweet as you please!
Here are each of the completed sides.
I used some Remnant Rubs/Apothecary that have a sheet of black rubs and a sheet of white rubs - the skull and text worked perfectly on the back of my arch - where I layered a black arch cut to fit. I also added the fun Idea-ology Wish Bone that I've been dieing to use on something!
I stamped the Halloween images with Archival Inks - Jet Black, Dandelion, Orange Blossom, Carnation Red and Cornflower Blue.
I added an Idea-ology Corked Vial to the front - having dripped some Rusty Hinge Distress Reinker inside it. I tied black TH Jute String around the neck and added the perfect Apothecary Remnant Rub to the side! I adhered the bottle to the arch with ScorTape and added a glue dot to the bottom to hold it to the cover. I sponged the edge of the arch with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
More remnant rubs on the cover and a Ring Fastener attached to hold the Swivel Clasp. I died a piece of Crinkle Ribbon by dragging it through Rusty Hinge and Stormy Sky Distress Reinkers spritzed with water, then crinkled and dried with a heat tool.
The swivel clasp makes it quite easy to open the box so the receiver can take a peek at whatever creepy things are tucked inside!
I tucked a piece of Trimmings/Natural Black Cream behind the skeleton.
I really love working with Eileen's fun boxes. She has just come out with a new line of boxes called Vintage Kitchen - and we can win one by participating in her Art with Heart challenge this month!
I'm also linking my project to:
Inspiration Journal challenge - Everything Goes
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Hip to be Square
Thanks for stopping by today!