Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Winner, a Branch and Winter!

A little business first -   here is the randomly chosen winner from all the lovely comments left on my Creations by AR post yesterday.  
WOW...what a treat! Especially love the glitter tag...thanks for sharing your artwork!

Congratulations Marisol!  you've won your choice of one of the four templates I used yesterday.  Please e-mail Adela at  creationsbyar@sbcglobal.net  to let her know you were the winner from Julia's blog post and which template you would like!
And please check out Lyn Bernatovich's blog today - she is posting more inspiration using the templates and you could win one by leaving a comment on her blog!

Moving on to some of this week's challenges - I have two cards to share today.  First up is an anniversary card.  My design was inspired by the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge - Out on a Limb
 My tree branch is Woodland Branch from Memory Box and my sentiment stamp is from Sweet N Sassy.  I used my new Tipped Tops Die from PTI for the panel and added flower sequins for a little sparkle.  Inside I stamped 'Happy Anniversary'.
 My second card's design was inspired by the Freshly Made Sketch
 
I just got these beautiful snowflake stamps in the mail this week.  They are from a set called Sophisticated Snowflakes designed by Mona Pendleton for My Favorite Things - and they are just lovely - don't you think?!  I stamped them in 3 different Memento blue inks and added white sequins to some of the centers.  The Noel is from Starry Christmas - also from MFT.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  I'm off this morning to a little musical concert that my 2 1/2 year old grandnephew, James, is in with his day care class (how cute will this be!)  Then we'll go to James' parents for a pizza lunch.

Love is Like a Tree
Stamps:  Love is like a Tree - Sweet N Sassy
Paper:  white, vintage cream - PTI, DP Cappella Paper Pad/Basic Grey
Ink:  Archival Coffee
Accessories:  glue pen, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, flower sequins - Cartwrights, Tipped Tops Die - PTI, Woodland Branch die - Memory Bos

Noel
Stamps:  Sophisticated Snowflakes, Starry Christmas - My Favorite Things
Paper:  White, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Memento Nautical Blue, Teal Zeal, Paris Dusk
Accessories:  sequins - Neat and Tangled, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well I have missed the last few posts! [not sure why...] Anyway - fun ABC projects, but that tag was FABULOUS!! So pretty!!

ps- didn't even realize you weren't with Waltzing anymore.. yeah i'm quick like that!

Kelly Griglione said...

I have that branch die, and I'm so bummed I didn't think of putting sequins on it. LOVE that!! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, Julia!

Julia Aston said...

I am still with Waltzingmouse Vicki!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous snowflakes in hues of blue! I bet you had so much fun at that mini concert and pizza lunch!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, Love your snowflake card! Wonderful design on the branch card.

A Touch of SOL said...

WooHoo! Love your branch card.. Gorgeous..love the simplicity...and of course the glitz. I too love making snowflake cards...

Joyce said...

Two fabulous cards--I especially love all the blue snowflakes--they are really gorgeous all together like that.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! Both of your cards are beautiful! Love the sequins sprinkled about! Adds such a nice touch of glam! Thank you so much for making those snowflakes look so amazing! Happy Holidays!

Amy O said...

Beautiful cards! Love the snowflakes in blue. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kim S said...

A truly gorgeous use of that branch. I love the tipped panel you have used - and the splash of color with the sequins. And the snowflakes are lovely in all of those blues.

Jen Timko said...

Your snowflakes are so pretty! Love the colors and your use of the sketch! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love them both but those snowflakes are SO awesome! Love it!

*Vicki* said...

Two gorgeous creations again Julia!! Love the limb with the baubles and the snowflakes look amazing! HUGS :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

The sequins on the branch are the perfect finishing touch...love that idea! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Amy Kolling said...

I love the offset panel size but it's those sequins that got me! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!!!