Friday, May 6, 2011

We Must be Willing to Let Go


This is the first card I'm posting over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog today as part of my Design Team Assignments!    I'd love for you to hop over there and leave a comment on my posting!
I used the twisted easel style for my card today - isn't this cool??!!  It was the Try a New Technique challenge over at Split Coast this week.   Here's the link to the instructions from Laura's Blog:

You start with a piece of card stock 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" that you fold in half.  Then you fold the front of the card over - corner to corner to form the triangle.  Then adhere the rectangle to the front. The scalloped circle is adhered with foam tape and helps keep the easel up.

Here's how it looks folded down - it will go flat and fit in a regular A2 size envelope -  (it just wouldn't stay completely flat without me holding it down!)   It measures 4 1/4" x4 1/4"


I was so pleased with how this came out - I'll definately be making more cards using this fun style!
I used the Split Coast CAS challenge colors - chocolate, sand, baby blue and white.

My stamps are a wonderful new Faith set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called Let Go and Let God.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Sweet N Sassy - Let Go and Let God

Paper: Dark Chocolate, white - PTI, Sahara Sand - SU, DP Text Style Happy Spots - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Scor tape, foam tape, scallop circle punch -SU, 1 3/4", 1 1/2" 1 1/4" circle punches, rectangle Nestability

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Just lovely, Julia! I think that sentiment is meant for me today!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous!

Pauline said...

A lovely fold there Julia, and I like the CAS element to it - the sentiment is the full focus, perfect!

velta said...

Hi Julia ~ I love everything about this card...the fold is perfect for this sentiment...and the sentiment is perfect for me to have read today!!! Thank you for sharing...Hope your weekend is the best!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julia! Congrats on your new DT position! Well deserved :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

love that twisted easel card....congrats on the new DT

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your card. I'll have to give that fold a try too! Congrats on your new DT gig!

Anonymous said...

Love your twisted easel and fun sentiment! :) Thanks for sharing! *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Crystal said...

OO what a fab card design love this easel!

Basslady said...

how true those words are...

very noble card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Mary Marsh said...

I love easel cards and this twist is a great one-beautiful papers and love the sentiments

Bev J. said...

Really like your card design. Going to check out the sassy blog.

lin_ka1 said...

very nice break. This card is interesting. I like it.