Sunday, May 22, 2011

Have a Beauty-full Birthday

I was excited to see my good stamping buddy and fellow Paper Doll, Joanne Travis, as Queen for the Day over at Split Coast this week!   I cased her pretty CAS Birthday card

I used different colors and stamps and turned the sketch on it's side. I don't have any frame embossing folders like Joanne used on her card  (gasp!) so I just embossed my whole card - papers and sentiment - with Swiss Dots ( this technique is called embedded embossing) then added my bird cage with foam dimensionals.

I'm also entering this in the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger  - Some Royal Fun.


My stamps are from  a lovely set called Fly Free from The Craft's Meow.  In case you don't know - The Craft's Meow is owned by my good friend Lisa - who was the design team coordinator for Waltzingmouse before she took the plunge to open her own company!   I'd love to have you check out her store!

Stamps: The Craft's Meow - Fly Free

Paper: WHite - PTI, DP Kioshi Paper Pad/Basic Grey, Happy Spots Text Style - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Victorian Velvet
Accessories: swiss dots embossing folder - Provo Craft, foam dots
Techniques: embedded embossing

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous work with the Fly Free set!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Lovely card, Julia! I am going to try the embedded embossing TODAY! It looks marvelous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty...great dps

VanessaB said...

very very pretty! :)

Daniela F. said...

Beautiful card! This embedded embossing technique looks very pretty :)

C said...

Love the embedded embossing...and with my favorite folder, too! I agree...your creation is beauty-full!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! This is a great card! Joanne is QFTD? I really am out of the loop! I did not know! Great card, Julia!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this birdcage image...great DP! Beautiful layout!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a beautiful card! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card and darling layout Julia!! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, *Vicki*

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Julia! I tried to comment before, but I could not get in! I am using firefox now so I hope it takes! Great card!

Debbie Corbari said...

BeautyFULL card miss Julia! Hope all is well with you!