Friday, February 19, 2010

An Orange Spring!

I very rarely, if ever (!), use orange - but that was the Ways to Use It challenge on Split Coast this week - and I guess that's what challenges are for right??!! to make you do something you don't usually do!

And it sure does pack a punch doesn't it?!?!

I made one of these wonderful layered flowers with an orange flowered DP from PTI. After I got the flower together I realized that the white on the back of the DP showed here and there so I sponged it a little with orange ink.


I dry embossed a nestie frame in the middle of the panel then embossed this pretty basket from the Spring Baskets set by Waltzingmouse Stamps using white embossing powder.

I clustered the sticky pearls in the corners then connected them with a white gel pen. I sponged the edges and over the embossed frame a little with tea dye distress ink just to tone it down a little bit.

This is also for an inspiration challenge I found over at the Stamping Around blog. I was inspired by the basket of pretty roses.


Are you planning on joining in on the Waltzingmouse Blog hop on Monday? If you are - hop on over right now to sign up on Mr. Linky!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Spring Baskets
Paper: white, orange zest, DP In Bloom - PTI
Ink: memento Tuxedo black, Adirondack sunset orange, Ranger tea dye distress ink
Accessories: sponge, Labels Eight Nestabilities, white EP, hot gun, piercing tool, glue dots, Copic YR07, rhinestone stickers, scallop circle punch - SU

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Julia! Your big beautiful flower is perfect!! :)

Velta said...

You are so creative Julia...I love that shade of orange and your flower...I have got to try that one!

Francie G. said...

Wowza, Julia,this is just beautiful! Gorgeous flower!

Antje said...

Very elegant. TFS

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Oh do I wish that sentiment was true!! I love the orange flower and the white, and the pearls, and the layout....everything, GF! But that's no surprise, is it?!! Hugs!!

Diane said...

Julia, I enjoyed my visit to your blog.

Lovvvvve that flower. Everything you make is sooo cute.

Diane

Carly said...

Wow this is just stunning! That flower is just amazing!

Unknown said...

Cracking big flower Julia! I don't know, orange seems to suit you just fine!!

Jan Hennings said...

This big orange flower makes me long for spring! Great card!

B said...

Oh Julia, this is FAB!!! Absolutely fabulous! Love the pearl corners and the use of the layered flowers is just great!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Stunning card, Julia!

Jill said...

Just found your blog and I'm loving it!!! This card is sooo striking!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Wonderful card, Julia! The embossed frame and he flower are gorgeous!

Corie said...

WOW -- you made orange pretty

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally cool...wow

dpkennedy said...

So pretty! I love the pearls in the corner!!

Jana Weaver said...

Very pretty...love your 3D flower!