Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lit with Gratitude!

I decorated these pretty square glass votive holders (AC Moore - just $2.19!) for my Ways To Use It Project today - the challenge topic on Split Coast was Giving Thanks.

I wrapped a 10x2 panel of this lovely linen vellum cardstock around the votive. You can see that the light from the candle shines nicely through it. I stampd the sentiments and leaf from Peace and Plenty by Waltzingmouse Stamps right on the vellum with Timber Brown Stazon Ink.I colored the leaf with copics, punched it and layered it on brown cardstock. I wrapped twill around the top and layered the leaf circles over it. Then I just added two gems for a little glitter. I think these will look SO pretty on a table for Thanksgiving don't you?!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Peace & Plenty
Paper: Linen Vellum Cardstock, Dark Chocolate - PTI
Ink: Stazon - Timber Brown
Accessories: circle punches, copics: Y38, E13, R08, twill dark chocolate, Orange zest - PTI, scor tape, rhinestones - PTI, square glass votives - AC Moore

10 comments:

Crystal said...

These are beautiful Julia, awesome for the table!!!

B said...

So gorgeous! They'll look lovely on any table!

Gail said...

What a beautiful idea! and so cheep too! Thanks for sharing :)

Joan Ervin said...

These are sooo beautiful, Julia...a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table!!! You could change the colors and stamps to make Christmas ones, too...sounds like a gift idea to me!!!!

Busym1 said...

Now arent' those beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, michelle

Pat (mspfd) said...

I really like these great votive candles and how you decorated them. You are the queen of altered items!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! These are sooo very pretty!! Love your idea!! TFS! HUGS

Unknown said...

LOVED these on scs when you posted them there, so beautifully done!!

JenMarie said...

Ooo...LOVE these!!

anya said...

These are beautiful Julia! So fantastic - what a great idea and perfectly executed!