Saturday, May 17, 2008

Purple Haze

What a beautiful day it is here today! It started out rainy - but cleared up in the afternoon and is now sunny and in the 70's! I worked in the garden a bit putting up supports around my peonies and poppies and weeding a bit. Another job to check off the list!

Today was the inspiration challenge over on Split Coast and Stef gave us this to be inspired by. A candle and it's box from Papyrus.
I was inspired by the colors and the flowers and the black band along the bottom of the box.
I dry embossed a square on my lavender panel with my nestability die, then I stamped my flower inside the frame using my Versamark Watermark pad. I embossed the image with black detail embossing powder. I cut a ribbon tag with my new Spellbinders die, dry embossed it, ran a lavender grosgrain ribbon through it and wrapped it around a crimped black panel for the bottom.

The butterfly is a cuttlebug die/embossing folder that I highlighted along the body with some grape glitter glue (don't think you can see that very well).

I attached the whole thing to a black panel and then to the lavender card base.

I'm off to do a little more stamping and then to hopefully sit on the deck and enjoy the sunny day a little bit! Hope you can do the same wherever you are - thanks so much for coming by today!


Today's thought from Poor Richard's Almanack by Ben Franklin: "Do not do that which you would not have known."

Stamps: Flower: Outlines Rubber Stamps, Sentiment: Papertreyink - Simple Little Things
Paper: lavender, basic black SU
Ink: Onyx black Versafine, Versamark watermark pad
Accessories: glue dots, crimper, black detail EP, hot gon, lavender grosgrain ribbon, cuttlebug butterfly die, Spellbinders Ribbon Tag die, nestability square, grape glitter glue

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those outlines stamps are some of my favorites and it looks gorgeous on purple ... also a new die cut I haven't seen ... beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Julia! The outlines stamp is gorgeous and the new cuttlebug butterfly die is great too!

Kim said...

Julia, I ran across your blog from Split Coast and I just want to say all your artwork is beautiful and I am so glad I found your blog so I can it it to mine. Thanks for sharing all your work!

LeAnne said...

Very nice! This was a pretty inspiration challenge!
LeAnne

Deb Wood said...

This is really beautiful, great job with the inspiration!!