Friday, May 2, 2008

Get Well Slowly

Happy Friday everyone! Even though it's raining here today (again!) it can't dampen my enthusiasm for the weekend! I've got a couple of fun things planned - Saturday we're going to a local Symphony performance with another couple and will eat out at Applebee's before going over (yum!) and Sunday I'm running a card workshop at my church with a couple of my stamping friends - everyone makes 4 cards for $10.00 and we donate the money to the church - it's a fun afternoon of creativity and gabbing!

So we know that slow and steady wins the race - here's my little turtle slowly getting well in his pond!


I made this for today's Limited Supplies challenge over at Split Coast - to only use circle punches - you were allowed to use any stamps, any ink, any embellishments. I used this fun Basic Grey Archaic DP and cut circles with my nestabilities (what did I ever do without them?!). The stamps are from Pond Life by PapertreyInk. The inks are all Adirondacks.

Hope you have a terrific weekend - and thanks for checking in - I'll be posting stuff all weekend so be sure to check back!

Today's quote from Poor Richard's Almanac: "Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of."

Stamps: Pond Life & extra sentiments: PapertreyInk
Paper: White: PTI, Choc Chip: SU, DP: Basic Grey Archaic
Ink: Adirondacks: Lettuce, Meadow, Espresso, Hazlenut, Cloudy Blue
Accessories: Nestability circles, dimensionals

7 comments:

Beverly said...

love this challenge card Julia! and that quote from your almanac - ouch! I really need to get better about how I spend my time.. thanks for the kick in the rear! *wink* I feel like I've just been to church and had my toes stepped on - ha!

~amy~ said...

GREAT card! Perfect DP for that super sweet turtle!

dpkennedy said...

I love the way you presented the turtle in the circle! That dp goes great with the image too...great card!

chloe said...

WOW YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY!!ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL CARD, THAT PATTERNED PAPER IF FANTASTIC, AND I LOVE THE GREEN ON THE TURTLE AS WELL AS THE SCALLOPED CIRCLE.

Bunny B said...

Cute card! I love it!

Deb Wood said...

This is tooo cute and that DP is awesome with this!!

Deanna said...

Love... I have this paper and stamp set... I smell a case !

:)