Friday, April 4, 2008

Love Blooms in One Color

Happy Friday everyone! It's the weekend again! Even though it's chilly and rainy here, I'm happy because I don't have to go to work for 2 days! And I get more leisure time in my stamping room instead of fitting it in before and after supper and late into the night! Well, ok, so I'll still be up late stamping but I can sleep in a little bit!

So - todays card was created for two challenges - the Limited Supplies Challenge on Split Coast and Beate's weekend Sketch challenge.

For the limited supplies challenge we could only use white and one other color. I chose to use white and Soft Sky for my colors. I love these two colors together - they are so soft and soothing don't you think?? I used Stampin Up DP and Papertrey stamps from the Green Thumb and Favor It Wedding sets. I used my nestabilities to cut the circles which are up on dimensionals. It was hard not to add another color - especially black ink for the sentiment! My card is a 4.5 x 4.5 square card.
There were a lot of things going on today - a lot of my blogging and SCS friends got chosen for design teams! Linsey will be a guest designer for Gina K Designs and Cindy (Mothermark on SCS) and Charlene (Lilluvsstampin on SCS) are both on the design team for the new H&M stamp company. I'm so happy for them all! What a thrill to be chosen and they are so deserving - they are all terrific creative stampers.

Stamps: PapertreyInk - Green Thumb and Favor It Wedding
Paper: Soft Sky: SU, Papertrey White, DP SU
Ink: Soft Sky
Accessories: white gel pen, dimensionals, nestabilities, circle punch

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. I love the colors.

LeAnne said...

Wow, Julia, this is beautiful! I love these colors--I am going to be so sad when they retire!! This is a great take on the challenge. This challenge was one of my favorite!
LeAnne

Linsey R said...

LOVE it! Such a wonderful color choice-very soft and ladylike. I just noticed you have nesties...I so jealous! Well actually, I'm happy such a great friend has them, you work hard for the money so you should, hehe! Haven't been able to convince the DH that they are a neccesity...yet. :) beautiful card, Julia!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles