Sunday, April 13, 2008

Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge

I've been meaning to join the Monthly Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge over on Split Coast ever since I read the thread there. The challenge is to make a card with a Bible Quote on it each month. I finally sat down this weekend and created cards for January through April and will continue making one a month for the year.
This is my January Card
This verse from Romans reminds us that God's grace makes our lives better if we just let him into our hearts.
I used designer paper from a Provo Craft Scrap Pad called River Rock that has great nature/natural color designs in it that I thought would complement God's words. I used it on all 4 of these cards.

All my cards are the small 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 size so that the Bible quote is the main focus of the card and any flowers, ribbons, or other attachments just serve to highlight the verse.

Thank you Lori for this wonderful challenge that will remind us all year long of the power and grace God brings to our lives.
Stamps: Frame and Bible verse: Inspired Verse: Stampendous, Dots; Stamps by Judith
Paper: So Saffron, More Mustard, White: Papertrey Ink, DP Provo Craft Scrap Pad: River Rock
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, So Saffron, Choc Chip
Accessories: sponge, cuttlebug & Folder, corner rounder, Prismacolor markers: Terra cota, bronze, burnt ochre, yellow ochre, Ribbon: Verve Visual May Arts, dimensionials, prima flowers, brads
This is my February Card
I love this verse from Romans - I use it alot for cards I send to people who need support from prayer as well as from their friends. It reminds me of God's most important commandment: Do unto others as we would have them do unto us. I need to be mindful that God works through me. We are his presence on earth.
I used my hot gun to curl the ends of the ribbon.

Stamps: AAW Printworks
Paper: White and Spring Moss: Papertrey Ink, Bordering Blue: SU, DP: Provo Craft Scrap Pad River Rock
Ink: Pitch Black adirondack
Accessories: corner rounder, Martha Stewart Ribbon, hot gun, dimensionals
This is my March Card
This verse from Proverbs reminds me that I need to trust that God is always there to direct me - that I don't always know what is best! I thought this designer paper looked like the path referenced in the verse.

Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Papertrey White, Bazzill Blue, DP: Provo Craft Scrap Pad River Rock, Always Artichoke: SU
Ink: Pitch black Adirondack
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Dimensionals, green & Blue glass brads.
And here is my April Card - finally caught up!
I love this verse from Phillipians. It reminds me that with God in my heart I can get through anything that life throws at me.
I used my nestabilities to cut the frames and put three ribbons to symbolize the Trinity behind the verse.

Stamps: Elegant Inspirations, SU
Paper: Papertrey white, Blue Bazzill, DP: Provo Craft Scrap Pad River Rock
Ink: Pitch black Adirondack
Accessories: Martha Stewart Ribbon, Primas, brads, dimensionals, corner rounder
I'll be posting a Bible Verse card on the 8th of each month from now on. So please check back to see my new additions. I hope these Bible verse cards have been an inspiration for you!

6 comments:

Deb Wood said...

These are awesome and very inspirational!

Judy Rozema said...

I love these! You are ahead of me -- I just joined last month and have made ONE! I need to get on the stick! I started with an A2 size, but then saw Sharon's index card size and liked that, so I think I have to start over!

Angel said...

You caught up quite beautifully!! I love your choices of scriptures!!

LeAnne said...

Great cards, Julia!! I have been meaning to join that challenge also....another thing to add to my list!!!
LeAnne

Tammy Hershberger said...

These turned out great! Thanks for showing how easy it would be to get started now to catch up! I'd love to do this too, so maybe you've inspired me!

Julie S. said...

I am loving what you are doing with all of your verses. I am not a challenge gal right now (too much like homework ;^)* but These are VERY inspiring! Just wonderful.