Saturday, February 16, 2008

Inspiring Bird


I designed this card for todays SCS Inspiration challenge. The Inspiration piece chosen by SmilynStef can be seen here - a piece of artwork by Charley Harper. Stephanie had seen a program on CBS Sunday Morning a few weeks ago that highlighted a book about this artist. Hence her inspiration to chose this for our inspiration!
I was away all day today attending a card workshop but I had looked to see what the inspiration piece was before going (I always do this challenge on Saturdays and hated not getting it done before I left!) So I was thinking in the back of my mind all day what I might do when I got home. Well - at the workshop we learned that there was a wonderful card stamping shop nearby so my friend, Elizabeth, and I just had to stop there on our way home! It was well worth the trip - I found all kinds of beautiful designer paper and several stamps that I just had to add to my supplies!! One of the papers I found was an acetate piece that had a grid pattern printed in black on it and I thought "ah ha - perfect for the inspiration challenge!"
There is actually no stamping on this card at all - I had my newly purchased acetate grid that is called 3/4 graph by Mambly and I applied a white BasicGrey rub on bird from the Periphery set to it. I cut squares of card stock based on the colors in the inspiration piece - soft sky, black, chocolate chip and creamy caramel - all from Stampin Up. I attached the panels to the acetate with the brown brads then attached the whole thing to a Close to Cocoa card. This is a small square card measuring 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. I'm so pleased with how this came out!
I'd love to hear what you think - click on comments below.

No comments: