Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How Frazzled are You Today??


Well - It's raining cats and dogs here right now! It started out as snow this afternoon - then turned to very wet snow - and then it warmed up a bit and changed again to a downpour of rain!

So I guess it's appropriate that my card today is a cat! and even a very frazzled cat! I love my new stamp by Stamps by Judith (can you tell I just bought a whole slew of stamps from them - my last few cards feature their stamps!)

I highly recommend that you buy their catalogue for $10. They have a lot more stamps then they show pictures of on their website - but you can order them all from their site - they are all listed on one of their web pages by number so you need the catalogue to know what they are - or you can click on them to see but it would take forever.... anyway - they have a ton of really cute stamps and sentiments so check them out!

So - back to my card! I made this for todays color challenge on SCS - to use River Rock, Black and White. I stamped up my frazzled cat on a panel I cut using a rectangle nestability die and then embossed it - doesn't he just look like he's had a very bad day today!! LOL!!

I used the Cross Hatch background stamp from Stampin Up. I hand cut around the sentiment with my pinking edge scissors. I frayed a piece of grosgrain ribbon by cutting off the bound edges and then ripping down the cross threads with a needle. Then I attached the ribbon to the back of the sentiment. I thought this all added to the feeling of 'Frazzle'! The sentiment is up on dimensionals. I think this is a great color combination!

Since we're on the topic of cats - I thought I'd share with you a few pictures of my two cats, Scout and Boo. They were named for characters in To Kill a Mockingbird (the daughter and the neighbor). The people who had them before us named them - we got them a year and a half ago when they were 2 years old - as the former owners could no longer keep them. They are sisters - Scout is smaller than Boo - and Boo tends to be shy and hides a lot (so aptly named Boo!)

This is Boo - she always extends her left arm out like this - I tell my husband she must have a bad shoulder like he does! She is certainly not frazzled here!

And this is Scout - you can see she is having a terribly distressing day also! We could all take lessons from cats on how to relax - especially the laying in the sun thing they do!

And here they are together for their professional portrait - can't believe I was able to snap this before they jumped away from each other. Boo is in the back and Scout in the front. They mostly ignore each other - or chase each other around the house!
Thanks for coming by my blog today! I'm going to post a bunch of round cards tomorrow - those are kind of fun to make!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Love the pictures of your cats. My cat always sits with one paw up like Lassie. We always wonder why she does that.

To comment on the Frazzled card--it's cute. I just laughed when I saw your Halloween bag posted earlier in your blog. Thought that the fiber/yarn you used on it would be the perfect accent for that frazzled cat b/c it looks just like the cat!

Kay Kalthoff said...

You took some fabulous pictures of your cats! I really love the portrait featuring both of them together . . .I'd frame it and put it up on the wall. It's just outstanding! They are beautiful cats. We have two kitties, also, and like yours . . . they pretty much ignore each other, but like you said, will chase each other once in awhile. TFS!