Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Creations by AR - April Release DT Blog Hop - Easel Top Box

Welcome to the April Creations by AR Release Design Team Blog Hop!  Today we are showing you the marvelously creative design of Adela's Easel Top Box.  This unique box can be used to store and display photos or recipes - I made mine as a way to store and display Bible Verses

I used a textured Coredinations paper in Mystic Grey for the outside of the box.  I sponged all the edges  with Ranger Distress Pumice Stone.  The cross is a Nestability die as well as the oval it's adhered to
Here are photos of the box from all angles - open and closed.
 The decorative piece along the bottom was put on because of a mistake I had to cover (!) its a silver  Industrious Sticker - Borders from Tim Holtz that I inked with Orange Blossom and Fern Green Archival Inks.  I didn't have enough to go around the whole box - so I just put it on the front.
 
 The top of the cover when closed.
The box open - with the 9 Bible Verse cards I created tucked inside. You can see there's plenty of room for more!  I included 3 blank ones where I could write special prayers or thoughts.
The back view when the easel is open - 
I used Box Corners from Tim Holtz Ideology on the bottom corners of the box.
Side View
I made the Bible Verse cards using a Stitched Mat Rectangle die with Soft Stone card stock.   Even though the verses are from different stamp sets - I kept them uniform by using the same colors of ink and the pretty stem stamp.  The verses below are from Beautiful Blessings and Everyday Blessings by Papertrey Ink.
 Some of these verse stamps are from Verve and Clear Dollar Stamps (no longer in business)

I will put this box either on my desk at work or on my window sill by the kitchen sink - where I can rotate the cards daily or weekly to remind me of God's word every day.
The finished box measures 6.18" W x 4.5" H x 3.25" D.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the template.  It also comes as a PDF file that can be printed and hand cut out.
What would YOU use this creative box for?
Here's what you can win:
The Easel Top Box Template:  

HOW TO QUALIFY TO WIN:
Leave comments
• On each of the DT blogs
• and/or at Creations by AR Face Book:
Comments will be accepted until Friday, April 11, 12:00 noon EST

One random winner will be announced April 12 at these locations:
Creations by AR Face Book
Creations by AR Website

Here are the links to the Design Team - remember to leave comments at each one to increase your chances of winning!

Stamps:  Prayer Journal and Beautiful Scriptures - Clear Dollar Stamps (no longer available),  Scripture Medley 1 - Verve, Beautiful Blessings and Everyday Blessings, PTI, Scripture (they no longer have the ones I used but others are here - Print Works collection
Paper:  Coredinations Canvas Textures - Mystic Grey, Dark Razzleberry Prismatics/Prism
Ink:  Ranger Distress Pumice Stone and Aged Mahogany, Archival Fern Green and Orange Blossom.
Accessories:  foam dots, ScorTape, Industrious Stickers/Borders and Box Corners -Tim Holtz Ideology, Crosses Two and Oval - Nestabilities, Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil'Inker Designs, Silhouette Cameo.

    23 comments:

    uneasyjune said...

    very pretty

    Deb Speijers said...

    What a lovely little prayer box!

    Terri said...

    Very pretty. I love how you did the bottom corners.

    Deepti said...

    What a great project ! You seem to be ever creative, love all ur projects :)

    A ScrapBeatAway Creations said...

    This would be very cool to display in the entry way of someone's home. Give them a little uplifting spirit.

    1CardCreator said...

    This is both elegant and reverent! ~Diane

    Unknown said...

    Un estilo muy diferente, muy delicada su cajita!!!

    Lisa Somerville said...

    Beautiful Julia! What a wonderful idea to use it as a prayer box!

    Doris E said...

    Absolutely gorgeous, love it, and this is an amazing idea for the kids too!

    Moni said...

    Julia, this is so stylish. Love the way you use the box.

    Lyn Bernatovich said...

    Lovely box and beautiful use for it Julia!

    lisa808 said...

    Lovely! The bottom border and corners are perfect embellies.

    Patsy Ingram said...

    I love the simplicity of your prayer box. Clean lines and the content of the box makes for a great display piece. This would make a statement in any room.

    Patti J said...

    What a wonderful way to use this box, Julia! Nice way to give God the glory for your creativity! Love the simplicity of your design...so fitting for the purpose you chose!

    Ginny Bennett said...

    I do art journaling, so this would be an ideal place to store inspirational quotes to use on my journal pages.

    Unknown said...

    What an inspiration this is! Such a clever use for this box. I'm so happy you of the outcome! Thanks for sharing. BTW, it's nice you mentioned covering your "mistake", but it looks great anyway!

    Unknown said...

    What an inspiration this is! Such a clever use for this box. I'm so happy you of the outcome! Thanks for sharing. BTW, it's nice you mentioned covering your "mistake", but it looks great anyway!

    Sue Dean said...

    love your version and great idea

    Shirley said...

    What a clever idea for your beautiful die cut box. I saw one used for photos at Patti's blog. Yours is really a unique and useful idea too! What a keeper!

    Michelle said...

    What a fantastic idea, I would never have thought of doing something like that, I love it. Thanks for the opportunity. x

    Mary K said...

    I think your box "mistake" made for a great addition. I do that all the time, too. Sweet idea, I have many people who would appreciate a prayer box. Thanks!

    Lynne said...

    What a wonderful devotions box

    Jackie said...

    A great idea and change from photos. It would make a wonderful gift.