Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch - and a 2 Year Birthday Party!

Happy Saturday everyone!   It's time for the Waltzingmouse Sketch but it's also a special day for our Claire and Waltzingmouse Stamps - Waltzingmouse is 2 years old today!!   Whoo hoo -   so not only is there a sketch but the DT and the Mishcief Makers are all making special birthday cards to celebrate the day!

So here's this week's sketch (which Mischief Maker, Edna designed by the way!)

And here is the Birthday card I created


I used stamps from several Waltzingmouse sets for my card.  Bitty Banners, 'Twas the Night before Christmas, Sweet Hearts, Victorian Alphabet and Dainty Doilies large!  I doctored up the sentiment -  I hand wrote the 's  on Guess Who  the 2 and ? are from Victorian Alphabet.  I stamped the images on Claire's celtic squares digital paper.

And in honor of Waltzingmouse's 2nd Birthday -  I made a celebratory cupcake using Claire's new Cuppie Love Template! Just click on the pics to see them larger.

I decorated my cupcake with a pleated ribbon, a banner sentiment tag and I made a metal flower for the top!  I found the tutorial for making these wonderful metal flowers over on Split Coast

Here's a top view of the flower -  I cut it with Tim Holtz Tattered floral die and embossed two of the layers with Sizzix embosing folder - Cracked,  and two of the layers with Provo Craft Swiss Dots embossing folder. The leaves are Sixxix leaf stem.




Now please waltz over to the WMS Sketch Blog and get inspired by the cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created using this week's sketch! 

Then make your own card using at least one Waltzingmouse stamp and the sketch and link it on the Sketch Blog by Thursday 5/26/11 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be chosen Top Mouse !!

Winners are announced each Saturday along with the new sketch challenge. And every week one lucky entry will win a free WMS stamp set of choice!!

Oh - and if you'd like to congratulate Claire and wish WMS a happy 2nd birthday - waltz on over to her blog here and say hello!  She'd love to hear from you!


Card:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Bitty Banners, windows + mouse from Twas the Night Before Christmas set, Guess who from Sweet Hearts Set, 2 ?  fromVictorian Alphabet, doilies from Dainty Doilies Large set.
Paper:  Vintage Cream + True Black - PTI, Bazzill Basics green Irish Eyes,  Celtic Squares  Digital paper from Waltzingmouse.
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Bundles Sage
Accessories:  Copics: YG17, Narrow silk ribbon + green/white twine - PTI, foam tape. 
Cupcake:
Stamps: Hurrah from Fancy Phrases
Paper:  Coredinations - Bon Bon & Sun Coral.  Melon Berry - PTI, Copper Craft Foil
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: E6000 glue, glue dots, pleated ribbon - Taylored Expressions, foam tape, tattered florals die Tim Holtz Alterations, Sizzix Embossing folder Cracked, Provo Craft embossing folder Swiss Dots, Sanding block - SU, Leaf Stem- Sizzix, Ribbon Banners - Spellbinders.

24 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pauline said...

Julia, I adore your card with the little mouse in the window, just so sweet! And how yummy is your chocolat e cup cake, that flower on top looks amazing!!

Unknown said...

oh this is gorgeous Julia!!!! I love the wee mouse at the window!!lol, and that cupcake is to die for!! wow!!!! fabulous flower!! Julia, thank you for everything!!! It has been my very good fortune to have you along for the trip!! Hugs!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my word, Julia - this cupcake is AMAZING! Such wonderful detail and your card is gorgeous and an awesome compliment to that cupcake!

Bonnie said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I love this Julia - gorgeous chocolate - couldn't be finer!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, Julia, I looked at that sketch and only saw a bunch of circles! I LOVE what you've done with it - and agree with the others, the little mouse in the window is adorable! Nice!

The cupcake is a beauty - the metal flower is stunning!!! So very pretty!

Cyndie said...

Triple wow! The card is wonderful with the cute windows and the mousie, and the cupcake is nothing short of stunning! I have GOT to try that metal flower technique! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Molto bello e originale ciò che mostri Bye

Sally H said...

Fabulous card, but that 'cupcake' oh wow! It's amazing. That flower and the chocolate coloured card makes it look so edible!

G Peplow said...

Hello there, Beautiful card and gorgeous cup cake, love how you interpreted the sketch:0) Thank you for your visit and lovely comments:0) xxx

Maria said...

What a beautiful card with the wonderful banner and little mouse in the window...too cute!!!

xxxtglxxx said...

wow, your cupcake looks amazing!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Karen B. said...

Oh my goodness! I love the cupcake! It is so rich!

Francie G. said...

Clean, crisp and fabulous, Julia! Love the cupcake and that beautiful metal flower! Fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! You are so good at going out of the box -- me - I see circles I make circles! Glad you have a knack!!

ps - thanks for the bday card -- I loved it!!

pss I can't believe it's been 2 years! WOW!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet cupcake and pretty card for Claire Julia! Love the little banner and the mouse in the window :)

velta said...

Hi Julia ! You were so clever on the sketch take...and that cupcake..yummers...and beautiful too!

Clare said...

LOVE your card, very clever and your cupcake is amazing too!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch. love the cupcakes!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow! You absolutely ROCKED this challenge with this creative birthday card! Ingenious to use the wee mouse in the open window! The cupcake is so unique and gorgeous as well!

LaurieJ said...

Gorgeous projects, Julia!! Is it just me, or does that flower on the cupcake look like chocolate?! And your card is wonderful - I love how you stamped on the celtic paper.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is amazing, Julia! I love that metal cupcake topper!!

Carola said...

Hi Julia

What a wonderful card, it's just gorgeous! I love the colours and I love how you used the little banners, the windows and the circles. I especially like the little mouse at the window. If you hadn't told, I would not have noticed that the 's is hand written by you.

Your cupcake is great, too. Those metal flowers look like chocolate and now I'm just getting hungry *lol*.

Have a nice day and thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Kind regards
Carola

Deborah Frings said...

Card and cake are both brilliant!! Love the shades of green on your card. And the metal leaves and flowers - superb!!