Sunday, February 24, 2008

One Old Buzzard


Hi everyone - hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon! It's sunny and 37 here right now and I just got back from an hours walk through our neighborhood with my husband. I needed some fresh air after working on my cards for a while. I need to be reminded to get out of my stamping room sometimes!

I made this birthday card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge seen here.

I used this fun new stamp and sentiment from Stamps By Judith. I stamped the buzzard on a piece of River Rock CS that I then punched with my nestability square and embossed. I mounted him to a Mellow Moss square that I also had punched and embossed.
I used my Scor-pal to border the sentiment panel and added black heart brads. Both panels are mounted on dimensionals.
The DP is by K & Co. Inside I stamped 'A year older; a lot cuter' - a fun sentiment from Penny Black that seemed to go well with my old buzzard theme!!
I figure the hearts and inside sentiment sort of soften the buzzard part!!

No comments: