Tuesday, January 2, 2024

December Card Chain Challenge 2023 - Serving Up Snow

 Today is reveal day over at the Card Chain Challenge Blog.  For the December exchange, I sent my card to Gundi in Germany and I received a card from Linda in Minnesota!

This month was the trickiest challenge ever -  a 5 row Tic Tac Toe Board - AND all the words start with the letter B!

After I settled down from my panic attack on how to create a viable card design with these B words -  I decided to choose a die to start with and then tried to fit it into a line. 
 
I wanted to make a winter card - but not necessarily Christmas or New Years. 
  
So I went with an elf serving up snowflakes on a Snow Day!

I used the left vertical line - Brass (the elf), Bloom (the DP), Belt (twine belt on the elf), Border (cut using two sizes of A2 Arches dies), and Blue (on all patterned papers used)!
Instead of a folding card - I adhered a die cut easel to the back of the panel so it stands up for display.


So come see all the cards that were exchanged in Dec over at the Card Chain Challenge Blog.  You can also sign up to participate in the January 2024 exchange - you'll find all the info you need to join in at the blog.
You have until Jan 6th to sign up!

I'm also linking my card to:
Snowflakes  ends 1/31/24

Anything Christmas Goes
ends 1/7/24

Anything Goes   Inspiration Board
Inspired by the snow and the blue
ends 1/4/24




Stamps:  Snow Day - Pure Innocence - My Favorite Things
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper:  Metalic Bronze from stash, Glitter Blue - Michaels, White and True Black - Papertrey Ink, Water color paper (card base and easel) - Canson Cold Press.
Accessories:  Santa's Helper die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, A2 Arches Dies - The Greetery, Deckle Hills Die - Rubbernecker, Snow Flakes - Spellbinders, blue/white twine.

15 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your card Julia. It's so creative using the different patterned papers for the background. And the elf looks fabulous in Copper! Great work, my friend! xx

papierelle said...

A beautiful card that not only excites me about the design, but also the way I can put it up. And that's how I see it every day, because it stand here on the desk next to me!!

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful card you created and so fun that the elf is serving snowflakes. Perfect for winter!! It surely was a challenging tic tac toe board, wasn't it!! I deliberately didn't sign up until I knew for sure what I was going to do with it, then decided to switch up my idea after all.
Happy New Year!!

Gail said...

Fabulous!
I think a LOT of us had a think or two about the Tic Tac Toe board!
Love the elf die!

Lia said...

I love that little elf and you made a gorgeous card with him.
Lia DT POE

HilaryJane said...

My card from Michaela has the same elf on it. It is so nice to see it used in different ways. Love that background on your card xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad you liked the card I sent, Julia! Just love the elf card you sent Gundi - you really nailed the tic-tac-toe board & I love how different we all interpreted it!!

Joanne said...

This is a lovely card; I found this one to be quite challenging too at first... especially since I took the banana box literally and was trying to find a banana stamp! Then I realized with the color behind it that it was most likely referring to the color.

Susan said...

Such a fun elf and such a great use of the tic tac toe challenge - well done fitting in the five things!

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, that's a great idea with the easel,
the card is a dream.
Have a nice day,
Hugs Michaela

BAstelfeti said...

Your Card is so very beautiful, the Gnom is so sweet.

Happy New Year sent BAstelfeti

Bonnie said...

A difficult challenge, Julia, but you nailed it! Love this elf and how you used the different decorative papers! How fun that he's catching a snowflake!

Arlene said...

Such a cute card. Love that elf.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Challenge.

Lena said...

Oh my, a mild panic attack was definitely in the books with this challenge :-) But you made it work beautifully. Love your sweet elf serving up snowflakes on a snow day. What could be more perfect? :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena ~ DT
Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
Lena’s Creations