Monday, July 4, 2022

Use Your Wings

 I'm joining in with the July CAS Mix Up challenge today.  The challenge this month is Watercolor and the theme is 'Things with Wings'.

My thing with wings is the dragonfly made using Curio Summer Findings from the Greetery.  My water coloring is the wings as well as the blue background.  I smooshed Dox inks in Speckled Egg and Spiced Marmalade (one at a time!)  onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and then smooshed panels of water color paper, one into each color.  I hope that counts as using watercoloring!

I used Pin Point Rings from Poppy Stamps to emboss the circles and a Small Talk Sticker for the sentiment.


Linking to:

 




Wishing everyone in the USA a Happy 4th of July!

My vase is a cute little woodpecker filled with Blanket Flowers from my garden.  
I thought they looked bright like fireworks!  
I change his topper every week using whatever is blooming.
The eagle is a die and stamp set from Papertrey Ink.


Paper: Water color paper - Canson Cold Press, white - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress Oxide Speckled Egg and Spiced Marmalade.
Accessories: Curio: Summer Findings Dies- The Greetery, Pinpoint Rings Emboss - Poppy Stamps, craft mat, water mister, Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, black Copic.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this background and the dragonfly, Julia! Pretty colors and the embossed circles add movement and interest! Love your flower arrangement and eagle too! Happy 4th of July, my friend and thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Colors and water = watercoloring :)
Works for me, Julia!! Love the pin point rings as the anchor for your gorgeous dragonfly!! Pretty 4th of July decor too - what a great American Eagle die cut! An eagle flew through my backyard a few weeks ago - magnificent and very speedy - I ran through the house to the front to find him again but he was long gone....

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored smooshed artsy background for your wonderful dragonfly, Julia. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up (W) Things with Wings Challenge, mf. TFS your cute July 4th card and the pretty flowers too:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful CAS design Julia, love the die cut circles with the smooshed background and your pretty Dragonfly. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

Valérie said...

Very pretty CAS card! I love the dragonfly! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Less is More!

Linda said...

Beautiful CAS design. Love the dragonfly on your smooshed background. The pinpoint detailing looks really cool too. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!