Saturday, March 12, 2022

Snow Drops for Easter

 Time to make my Easter Cards!

I water colored a panel of white with strokes of Bronze paint to make it look more like the uneven coloring on an egg shell, and die cut a Nestability egg out of the panel. I cut the top off the die cut egg using the bottom edge of the egg die.

I die cut and water colored Snow Drops and stems out of white and adhered them to the back of the egg with tape.

 I embossed the background with the Tufted Embossing Folder from SU and then stenciled over it with the Pebbles stencil from Lavinia using Antique Linen Distress ink and a blending brush - just lightly stenciling over the center of the panel.

I adhered the egg and snowdrops to the panel with thick foam dots, curving the outside edges of the egg down. I added Glossy White Nuvo Crystal drops over the snow drop blossoms to add a little dimension.  I stamped the sentiment and punched it with the Word Window punch from SU.

 I'm linking my card to:

Just Us Girls

As you See It Challenge

Festive Friday Challenge

I used flowers, green, stencil

 

 

Stamps: A Beary Good Year - The Cats Pajamas
Paper: white - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Antique Linen Ranger Distress, Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories: Bronze water color paint - Ruby Mountain Paint Co, green water color paint - Winsor Newton, paint brush, water, Egg Die Nestability, Snow Drop Die - Alexandra Renke, Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Emb Folder - SU, Pebble Stencil - Lavinia, blending brush.

16 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Your vase really does look like an eggshell! The snowdrops are lovely - quite ethereal looking against the softly patterned background. Thank you for joining our Spring Flowers theme challenge at As You See It.

Mac Mable said...

I love how you've done the vase/egg on your beautiful Easter card Julia x. Great texture from the embossing and the light stencilling looks fabulous x.

Bonnie said...

These little snowdrops are so sweet in the egg vase, Julia! Love the bit of stenciling and embossed background!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Love the way you did the egg shell, Julia! Beautiful snowdrops - they look great against the bit of stencilled background.

Heather said...

Oh, isn't this lovely, Julia! I haven't seen snowdrops since coming out west to Arizona, lol, these are a lovely reminder of Spring bulbs for me! I really like how you put this design together, so many fun elements! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love that embossed and stenciled background paired with your beautiful snowdrops in the egg vase. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful eggshell vase and love your soft stenciled background. You've reminded me I have that EF and haven't used it in such along time :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the finish on the vase and the interesting background, which show off your delicate snowdrops beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us over at Festive Friday and As You See It!

Beth McCullough said...

Love the stenciled and embossed background. The flowers are beautiful and the pot is awesome too. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Julia! LOVE the quilted background with the soft stenciling. A perfect backdrop for your lovely egg-shaped vase with snowdrops. Those snowdrops really shine with the glossy coating. xx

Heather Cooper said...

What an amazing 3D card! I love how you've created the delicate snowdrops! And your backdrop with it's stenciled quilted look is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!

Sue N said...

Julia, I absolutely love your vase of snowdrops! Such a pretty Easter card! Sue

Jaydee said...

Snowdrops are one of my favorite flowers. They are so delicate. I love how you captured that delicate feel with the soft colors of your card. So glad you shared this beautiful Easter card with us at Festive Friday
Jaydee

Jane Knudsen said...

Very nicely done! I love the snowdrops and how you paired with the embossing folder and then added a layer of stenciling. Quite beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

Trina P. said...

Another beautiful Easter egg card! Love snowdrops so caught my attention.