Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Mid Month CAS Christmas Card Challenge Reminder - Plaid

 Today I'm sharing the card I made for the mid-month September CAS Christmas Card Challenge reminder!  You have until 9/24 to link up your card!

Hostess Colleen's challenge for us is to use plaid and here's my card!

This time I used two different plaids on my card - gingham for the background panel and a multicolored plaid for the die cut 'merry'.

I cut a second 'merry' from black fun foam and adhered the plaid die cut over it just to give it a little dimension so it was seen better layered over the gingham. I die cut the 'christmas' out of white card and layered it along the bottom edge of the panel.

So get those CAS Christmas cards done using some plaid!  You have until 9/24 to link up your creation.  You'll find lots of inspiration over at the CAS Christmas Card blog
 



Paper: White - PTI, DP Patterns and Pine - Catherine Pooler
Accessories: Wonderful Words-Holiday - PTI, Snowy Merry Christmas - Poppy Stamps, black fun foam, Ultra Bond Adhesive - iCraft.

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So fun with those two types of plaid, Julia!!

Colleen said...

this is fabulous Julia! I love the two plaids and your "merry" is very festive!

Christine Alexander said...

awesome mix of plaids, your Merry sentiment is perfect for a masculine card - Love it ♥

Loll said...

Wonderful mix of plaid designs Julia! Love the dark colours of the merry sentiment, very striking with the black foam underneath. xx

Mac Mable said...

Striking Plaid Christmas card and love the two different plaids together Julia x.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you placed plaid-on-plaid for your design, especially with the black foam under the alphas...very clever, Julia...Fabulous Christmas card ~ xx

Trina P. said...

Cute card. Such a creative idea to use two different plaid papers. Amazing how you made it work beautifully.

Marcia Hill said...

What a bright and cheery card with the two different plaids Julia...love it! I love how you add the black fun foam to the backs of your die cut words for dimension...I really need to remember this!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Love these red plaids, Julia, and how you've stacked the merry! A perfect CAS Christmas card, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty and fun double red plaid card, Julia! Adding dimension to the plaid sentiment does help it pop against the gingham. The black fun foam slightly peeking behind the plaid is really cool. A lovely CAS Christmas card!
Hideko xx