Saturday, June 23, 2018

Let Old Wrinkles Come

I had a new owl stamp and sentiment that I was dying to get inky.  
And I found several owl challenges out there for inspiration!  
Here is a card I made using them!'
I stamped the background with Tim Holtz Tree Line stamps and PTI's  Birch Background.  I embossed the owl on a separate piece, die cut the piece, sponged it with Distress Ink and layered it over the background with foam dots.  I added the fun eyelash google eyes and embossed the sentiment  below the inkings.

I'm linking my card to:
My card is layered mixed media. Inspired by the owls and their big eyes!

I was inspired by an owl banner from Hayneedle





Stamps:  Owl #D9780and sentiment #C14712 - Impression Obsession, Tree Line - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Background Basics: Birch - PTI 
Paper:  White, Soft Stone - PTI
Ink: Versamark, WV Archival Fern Green, Ranger Distress Forest Moss, Cocoa Bean - PTI 
Accessories: Tree Branch Embossing Powder - Wendy Vecchi/Ranger, Mat Stack Die - PTI, Google Eyes - Darice, foam dots, heat tool     

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So creative how you put this fun card together. The background card is fabulous and the die cut with the owl stamped on it and with the googly eyes is wonderful x

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Julia, that owl is super cute!! I just love this card with it's fun saying and the awesome background you created!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love your wonderful background (layering the birch bG stamp over the trees), Julia!
It makes a beautiful forest scene with the sponged owl piece. I saw the original owl stamp, and found that the fun eyelash googly eyes totally changed the facial expression. :-)
I googled the sentiment - It's perfect for a birthday card. Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

I love this owl and the addition of the eyelashed googly eyes is brilliant! She strikes a pretty pose! A fun background to go with her!

Redanne said...

The trees are just the perfect background for that cute little owl! xx

Christine Alexander said...

such a fun card, OMG I love those eyes and eyelashes and your tree line background is perfect :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cool owl card Julia. Love the googly eyes and the cool image. Great color combo.

mamawcindy said...

Your Card Is Adorable, Makes me plum weak. I Love Owls! My craft Room Is decorated In Owls. Great Job, I'm sure this was fun to make. Happy Day to You!
cindys-greencricut

Maria said...

What a great card! That owl is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Ina G said...

Oh WOW! Julia what an awesome card you have here. Fabulous background but that cute owl with those flash eyelashes just takes the cake. It's stunning and so creative. Thanks for sharing with us over at Just Us Girls this week.

Lindsey said...

I love your background stamping as much as this fun owl! Great birthday quote, as well. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!