Saturday, May 14, 2016

Puffin Sympathy

Hello friends -  It's good to be back stamping -  many of you know from my Face Book Page- that my dear sister, Marcia,  passed away on April 26th, suddenly and unexpectedly after a fall.  She was just 66 (her birthday was the day before she passed) and in good health - so it was quite a shock.    I want to thank you for all of your kind thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for me.  I received many beautiful sympathy cards from you and it has meant so much.  
I have had a few posts here on the blog but they were all pre-posts - done before I lost Marcia.  For the past two weeks I just haven't had the concentration or inspiration to create - but today I was finally able to make a card -  and oddly enough - it became a sympathy card!
I made the card for the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers where we were to choose a color palette from a Pinterest page.  I was inspired by this Puffin panel.
Three shades of gray, a green and a peachy/pink.  I used stamps from Spring Woods from PTI with the coordinating Dies.  The panels are cut with Wonky Stitches dies from Avery Elle.  
(I won a $50 gift certificate from Ellen Hutson from the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and the Wonky dies are one of the things I purchased!)
This photo of my sister was taken at Easter this year -  who would have thought she would be gone a few weeks later.   Love you Marcia - and I'll miss you forever!


Stamps: Spring Woods - PTI
Paper: white, soft stone - PTI
Ink: Sweet Blush, Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Accessories: Dies - Spring Woods/PTI, Wonky Stitches/Avery Elle, foam dots, Lucky Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive


6 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I'm so sorry Julia for the loss of your sister. You will always treasure the sweet current picture of your sister and all your family memories. Whoever receives your beautiful, soft card will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

With Love, Nancy

Deepti said...

So sorry for your loss Julia. Sending hugs ! Your card is lovely

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a lovely picture of Marcia!! I'm so glad to see that you have been moved to create again...it's wonderful therapy. Take it from your friend who knows!! I love your soft card in these wonderful colors, Julia.

Redanne said...

I know I have said it already, but I am truly sorry for the loss of your lovely sister Marcia. I think the sympathy card you made today is beautiful Julia. Big hugs, Anne xx

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful sister, Marcia. Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your entire family Julia. I love your stunning card. xoxo

Loll said...

A beautiful picture of your sister, Julia. What a lovely keepsake to treasure.

It's good to hear that you were up for making a card ... and what a beautiful one you made too. Take care and thinking of you. xx