Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Make Art for Christmas II

I have another Christmas card to link to Wendy Vecchi's  September Make Art Challenge
 
For this card I used Wendy's Basically Brick Stencil with Orange Blossom Ink.   I didn't ink it completely leaving some open spaces.  I stamped and stenciled the wreath from the SISI  For the Holidays set and the sentiment from Holiday Art.  I stamped the bow on a piece of the background I created earlier using WV Archival Re-inkers and Rubbing Alcohol (see this post) , cut it out and layered it over the wreath with foam dots.  I added some red rhinestones and an Idea-ology Gum Drop that I colored with Butterscotch Alcohol Ink.
You can find out how I made the background (before inking the brick stencil) on my first Make Art for Christmas post here.
I was totally inspired by Wendy's card below from her new brochure
 
While I had all my WV supplies out -  I also created a thank you card, using yet another piece of the inked background I had made.
 I stenciled the trees from the SISI Holiday Icons set.  I stamped parts of the panel with Script and Ornate Dots background stamps.  The lacey stamp across the top is from A Passion for Art, 
the sentiment is from All Occasion Art.  The hearts are die cut from Thinlit Shape Strips and I embossed them with WV Geranium Red Embossing Powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are so wonderful and I love how you did your inking and added texture.

Brenda Brown said...

Great makes Julia, you do Wendy style so well. Xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Great WV-style festive cards - love the brickwork backgrounds and soft colour palette.
Alison xx

~amy~ said...

Julia, these are beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful, fun and festive Julia! Your backgrounds look amazing!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You go girl! LOVE these Christmas makes!

Janis said...

Fabulous cards!!! Love that brick background and also how you used another of your reinker backgrounds. Such beautiful work.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com