Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Vintage Journey - Destination Inspiration - Can You Feel It?

I'm posting my very first A Vintage Journey Destination Inspiration post today so I hope you will drop by there!!  I titled my post "Can You Feel It" - as I am exploring using felt with different Tim Holtz products (inks, stains, dies, paints).
Here's a peek at the 3 projects I made using felt.
 
I decorated  a 4" x 6"  Burlap Panel with Spray Stain and Embossing paste.  I adhered my felt pine cones and branches around the edges and  added Letter Press words that I embossed.
I decorated an 8" x 4 1/4" felt purse that I purchased at Joann's, using tan felt, the Winter Wonder Die, Lattice Work and Dot Fade Stencils, Peacock Feathers Distress Spray Stain and Picket Fence Distress Paint.
My 3rd project is a 5" x 7" burlap bag.  I used Tim's Frayed Fabric Technique for the base of this project - found on page 66 of Compendium of Curiosities Vol III - the Ornate Frame die, an old Sizzix Heart die, Heart Charm, Ring Fastener, Arrow, Stripes Stencil and Picket Fence Spray Stain.
Please stop by my post at the A Vintage Journey blog for lots more photos and tutorials showing my experimentation with felt! 

And don't forget the AVJ Special Numbers challenge going on right now!

12 comments:

Samra said...

Gorgeous projects Julia :) If I had to chose my favorite it would be the burlap bag, but I do like them all very much!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

These are lovely Julia..Its amazing how you can re purpose old items at items at home with Tims products and techniques and give them a whole new look! Each one is is different and classy .

Annette Allen said...

wow these are incredible.. awesome designing..

Redanne said...

I would never have thought to use felt to stamp or stencil on to, so this is a great experiment/tutorial Julia. I am in love with the fabulous snowman! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Just came from AVJ. Brilliant work Julia, I just love all your felt techniques! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

julia, all your projects are FABulous...wow!

Deepti said...

Awesome design! Love the details on the first one :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

CUTE projects! Love that last bag!

Darnell said...

Aaah, is there nothing you can't do, Julia?!! These are divine felt creations!! Very touchable!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are all so fabulous.

*Vicki* said...

These are all really gorgeous projects Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous variety of projects Julia! Great way to showcase all the wonderful products! Thanks for the never ending inspiration!