Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - July 17th


Hi everyone - it's time for another Fusion Challenge - wow - did we see a lot of wonderful red poppies with bright blues and lovely triangle designs on all of your entries for the last challenge!  It is SO hard for us to choose our one favorite - there are SO many beauties to choose from - and thanks so much for joining us!

And now we have today's beautiful inspiration -  Look at these yummie cupcakes - I think they are candies or soaps don't you?   I got a gift of some soaps last year that look similar to these only they had real dried flowers on them.
So - I'm proud of myself this week - I was able to combine the photo AND the sketch in my creation!
First, I inked my white card stock panel with Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.  Then I flicked water onto the panel - and since Distress Inks react with water - it created this lovely splatter.  I adhered a strip of Sketch Book Tissue Tape along the edge of the colors, wrapping the ends around the edges of the panel.  I stamped 'happy birthday' on a sentiment strip and adhered it with foam dots above the Tissue Tape.
I made my pretty flower out of Terminology Tissue Wrap.  I cut 4 squares each 3"x3", stacked them on top of each other and then fan folded them.  I stapled it together in the center and rounded both edges.  Then I pulled apart each fold and fluffed it up.  Tim Holtz has the tutorial for this Tissue Wrap Flower in his Compendium of Curiosities Vol II page 37.   After I fluffed my flower and was happy with it's shape -  I applied Spun Sugar Ranger Distress Paint with my finger.  This will, no doubt, get a little crushed if mailed, but I think it can be fluffed up again when received and opened!

I hope you will check out this week's challenge - and also all of the beautiful inspiration from the Design Team - Here are their links:


Sindu
Stephanie Severin


Thanks so much for coming by today and I hope you will join us in this week's Fusion Challenge

I'm also entering this card in the Curtain Call Challenge
And in the Runway Inspired Challenge

 
Stamps:  Birthday Basics - Papertrey Ink
Paper:  White, Soft Stone - PTI, Tissue Wrap/Terminology - Ranger
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass
Accessories:  Sentiment Strips Die - My Favorite Things, Tissue Tape/Sketch Book - Ranger, Eclipse Tape (to mask), foam dots.

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Love how soft this card is. Stunning Julia.

Redanne said...

Your card is so beautiful Julia and I love the gorgeous large, but very delicate flower! Anne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! I love the fabulous flower! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Julia!! Love the flower :-)

Annette Allen said...

love this card.. that little tissue flower is perfect..

Deepti said...

Yay! for the fusion you did. Love the water splatter and the tissue paper flower :)

Lisa Lara said...

That is the cutest flower Julia.

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is wonderful! Love how you combined the inspiration with the sketch! That bloom is AWESOME.

Juliana said...

This is brilliant!!
I am going to try this SOON!!

Beautiful card, Julia!

maria f. said...

SOOOOOOTHING.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Julia. Love the tissue paper flower! Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia I love your flower, just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Words and Pictures said...

How lovely - the flower is so delicate, and I love the background.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

I love your background and the fact that you created this yourself with distress inks. The flower is beautiful - thank you so much for sharing the link for the tutorial for it. Loving the tissue tape - adds a very french kind of feel to your card - oh so elegant xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flower Julia...adds such a beautiful, whimsical element to your card! Thanks for joining us on the Runway ;-)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

That tissue paper flower is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!