Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Waltzingmouse Christmas - Day 4 - Christmas Decorations

Welcome to Day 4 - the final day of A Waltzingmouse Christmas!   Claire's assignment for us today is to create some Christmas Decorations to inspire you using any of our favorite Waltzingmouse stamps!

I took a plain 5"x6" burlap stocking from Pouch Mart and dressed it for Christmas with a simple wide bow tied around the top and die cut stamped holly from Festive Foliage and a tag tucked around the bow - and I just love how it came out!
 I tied on two rusted jingle bells and wrapped a piece of gold cord around the knot of the bow letting the ends hang. The stamps on the tag are from Festive Foliage and Santa's Coming to Town.
 This would look so pretty hanging on a mantel or off a little shelf OR as a small gift packaging!  And when you shake it - it jingles - just like Christmas!    I'm  entering this in the Cas-ology Cue card - Bell challenge.

My next project is a little 4"x4" framed canvas that I got at Joann's.   First I dry brushed the canvas with milk chocolate and grey wolf acrylic paints - just kind of streaky coverage so some of the canvas still showed through.After it dried - I brushed the whole canvas with Matte Mod Podge.
First I adhered the lace along the bottom.  Then I die cut 3 mistletoes from olive felt using Claire's new die.  I die cut the berries from off white felt.  I stamped the felt with the mistletoe stamp from Festive Foliage using Archival coffee ink.  I layered the mistletoe over each other using foam dots, adhered the berries with glue and attached the bow over the stems.
I stamped 'kisses' 3 times on a sentiment strip and added Tiny Twinkles to the dot the 'i's' and also to the berries.  You can barely see it in the pic - but I stamped some pine needles from one of the pine branch stamps from Festive Foliage in green over the 'kisses' sentiment.  I also brushed the edges with acrylic paint.

 Here's a side view so you can see the depth of the little canvas (1/2").  I got the little wooden easel at Joann's.
 Here is the little canvas on my dining room wall
and here it is on my bookcase - a pretty little decoration that you could actually leave up all winter if you wanted!
I can't wait to see what kind of Christmas/Holiday decorations the other DT members made - let's go see, shall we?  here are their links:

 Julia Aston - Me!

Stocking:
Stamps:  Festive Foliage and Santa's Coming to Town - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Oatmeal - WPlus9, kraft - PTI
Ink:  Memento Cottage Ivy and Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories:  burlap stocking - Pouchmart, rusted bells - from a wreath kit/Michaels, gold cord from stash, scallop edge tag die - older Spellbinders, holly die - Waltzingmouse, ribbon - May Arts

Mistletoe Canvas
Stamps:  Festive Foliage
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink:  Archival Coffee, Memento New Sprout.
Accessories:  olive & cream felt - Joann Fabrics, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, glue pen, milk chocolate acrylic paint - Americana, Grey Wolf Acrylic paint - Martha Stewart, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Dienamics Sentiment Strip - MFT, mistletoe die - Waltzingmouse.
 

22 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Your little canvas is divine! Have to try stamping on felt now :-)

Jill Norwood said...

Love your sweet stocking with the jingle bells! And your "kisses" canvas is just precious! I might have to make one of my own! :)

~amy~ said...

WOW!!! Totally lovin' the stocking and the canvas! Today's projects are over the top!

*Vicki* said...

More gorgeous projects Julia! I really love the burlap stocking! :)

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations Julia! I love those felt mistletoe leaves, and the cute jute stocking!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Look at these two adorable projects...love the framed canvas...those are such a nice addition to any holiday decorating. Your little burlap stocking is just so cute. I really need to buy some of the rusty bells. They look perfect as an embellishment.

Becca Feeken said...

Love, love, love your projects Julia!! That canvas with the mistletoe is so cute!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia beautiful home decor!

julie23 said...

Hi Julia, your projects are great and I love your felt mistletoe.

Nancy Penir said...

Love the homespun creations! So many cute elements, the rusty bells, love the ribbon you used, and the sweet canvas, adorable!

Kelly S. said...

OOOOH I love the Festive Foliage die cuts in felt!!! So charming on that little canvas. The burlap stocking is straight up my alley TOO! You just can't beat country Christmas items!!

choman9912@aol.com said...

Both projects are great. Thanks for the inspiration! Have to go get crafty!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Oh that canvas is so pretty Julia! What a lovely idea.

Joyce said...

Two fabulous projects. Sure to dress up any room and bring on the Christmas spirit.

Deborah Frings said...

Great projects! Love the little canvas - the dimension in the felt is super!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Christmas projects Julia! Love the burlap canvas and stocking! They have such a warm heartfelt vibe!

christi said...

cute altered pieces today. love the jingle.

Chrissy Larson said...

Absolutely amazing! WOW!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Julia...how cute is that burlap bag! Love the red/white bow and how you used the jingle bells to add just that little extra something to it. I also think those felt mistletoe leaves look so realistic! I love that Claire has dies now to make it easier to use different materials than card stock!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous set of projects, Julia!! love those sweet little bells on the stocking... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, my! There is something so appealing about rustic, rusty jingle bells, especially paired with burlap! LOVE! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous, Julia ... the burlap stocking paired with that striped ribbon and rusted bells is so adorable! You canvas is amazing ... so dimensional and festive! Anita :)