Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Haunting

Today I have a card for the Dynamic Duos Challenge -  I haven't played this challenge for a while but I like that there are only two colors to use -  I seem to have trouble creating spontaneously when I have to use 3 or more colors - as they are often colors I don't naturally reach for!

Anyhoo -  Kraft and Black I like!    I used some new stamps from Waltzingmouse for my Happy Haunting Card
This wonderful tree stamp is Spooky Tree Backgrounder, the sentiment is from All Hallows Eve and the bats and spider (do you see him??!) are from an older set called Halloween Party.

I layered  a piece of washi tape under the sentiment that I popped up on foam dots.  I sponged all the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink just to give it a little shadow.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Spooky Tree Backgrounder, All Hallows Eve, Halloween Party
Paper:  Kraft, True Black - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Black Soot and Old Paper
Accessories:  washi tape - Darice, foam dots.

12 comments:

AB. said...

Oh wow - your card is so cool! It has a very spooky "Sleepy Hollow" feel to it. What a great background stamp! :)
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. x

Renee said...

LOVE this, Julia!!
And yes...saw the spider...
how cool to add him!!
For this color combo...
spooky perfection! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cool card!! :)

Pauline said...

That is fab! Those twigs are great!

Michelle said...

You've just given me shivers down my spine! What an awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I really love this combo of colors, and your card is so creepy with the bats and that icky spider. Well done as usual, gf.

Dianne said...

Hey Julia, you Halloween cards are fantastic, and your treat box is the bomb.. I love that tree stamp, it fabulous. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week...

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun and spooky design!! Love the tree branches! HUGS :)

Susie W. said...

Fantastic card Julia! I love the spooky tree stamp. I've never seen that one before...but now I'm wanting it!!!
So clever, the way you've combined the spooky tree, the bats and that hidden spider.
I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I agree with everyone else, the background on your card is so perfect for Halloween! Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos Challenge this week!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is soooo much fun :) Sweet little bats. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!! And thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello :)

Paul B said...

Stunning! I love the effect of the tree stamp. Makes the card really creepy. Black & Kraft work brilliantly as a halloween card. Inspiring. Px