Friday, March 8, 2013

Waltzingmouse March Release DT Blog Waltz!

We've finally made it to the WMS March Release day!  All of the sets we've been previewing for the past 3 days ( A Good Egg, Folk Art Labels No. 25, and Folk Art Medallion) are now available for purchase at Claire's Waltzingmouse shop!  You can win a WMS stamp set today - see the details at the end of my blog post.

You should start our blog waltz at Claire's Blog - she has a master list if you lose your way.  If you came here from Sandie Dunne's blog you are in the right place!.

Sometimes I just don't feel like coloring a stamp -so I wanted to show you how lovely the wreath in Folk Art Labels No. 25 looks simply stamped on a panel.  I embossed the panel after stamping and then just added 3 rhinestones.
Easter is early this year - March 31st -  so I'm already creating items to sell at my church.  I used A Good Egg to create a treat bag, a card and a tag for the Easter Basket!  I love this combination of orange, dark purple and lilac!
I made the tag out of two Nested Egg Nestabilities layered over each other and tied together with wrinkled seam tape.
 I embossed a Nested Eggs Nestability on the front of my card - then stamped inside it.
 I bought these cute 3" x 4" drawstring unbleached muslin bags at a garden shop - but I found ones just like it on line here.
I stamped directly on the bags with Ranger Distress Inks and adhered the bows with glue dots.  I filled them with malted milk ball eggs! Yum!

So that's it from me!  I hope I have inspired you this week with my projects using Claire's lovely new stamp sets!  They are all available now in the WMS shop here.

I'm also entering my 'bunny' in this week's CAS-ology challenge - cue card BUNNY! and my birthday card in  CAS on Sunday -  Happy Birthday.

Next in the waltz line is the ever talented stamper Laurie Schmidlin!

There will be a prize of a Waltzingmouse stamp set of choice from a random drawing from comments left on all of the Design Team blogs.

You have until March 11th at 11:59 PM (GMT), 5:59 AM Central (March 12), 3:59 AM Pacific and 6:59 AM Eastern to leave comments.  The winner will be posted on Claire’s blog on Wednesday, March 13th.  Good luck!

Birthday Wishes Card:  
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Folk Art Labels No. 25
Paper:  Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Memento Teal Zeal
Accessories:  rhinestones -Kaiser, square lattice embossing folder - SU

Easter Tag:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - A Good Egg
Paper:  White, Royal Velvet - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ripe Persimmon, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves
Accessories:  wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Nested Egg Nestabilities

Easter Card:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - A Good Egg
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ripe Persimmon, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves
Accessories: Nested Egg Nestabilities

Easter treat bag:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - A Good Egg
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ripe Persimmon, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves
Accessories: Nested Egg Nestabilities, unbleached muslin bag - Save-on-crafts.com, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop

38 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful projects! I always LOVE your bags, you do such a good job with those!

Anonymous said...

Love all the goodies you made Julia!! So totally cute!

Becky said...

What a lovely card and lovely treat bags

Deborah Frings said...

Love the little canvas bags! Great projects!

Rosie said...

Love the little bags and thank you for the opportunity to win candy.

Vicki said...

I really like how the stamped image fits right inside the embossed egg shape on your card.

Marybeth said...

The little bags are adorable Julia! I love that white dry embossed card, so elegant!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards and bags! A Good Egg is a great set! Love it!

Bumblebee said...

The little treat bags are so cute Julia!

PoJo said...

Oh, so much beauty! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ardyth said...

Wow! These are wonderful projects - spring is definitely in the air! (finally!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Renee said...

Julia these are fantastic!
And so glad I'm not the only one who just doesn't feel like coloring. :)
What a great trio...
and now I need some egg dies just to be able to emboss like that!! :)

craftymom205 said...

Great cards, tags, and bag.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

LaurieJ said...

Love the texture and simplicity of your first card. And your little gift set is so sweet, especially those little bags. How fun would it be to get a little treat in one of those?!

Annette Allen said...

lovely Easter projects.. I love those treat bags so so cute... love it all..

Happy Weekend.

Connie Ludgate said...

I like the little muslin gift bags. So cute.

The Hardy Stamper said...

What lovely Easter projects!

Jo4Him said...

What fabulous projects; love the cas card. Thanks for sharing

B said...

Oh these are great! Love the treat bags! :) Always love your stamping on them!

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous = all of them. I love the way these stamps are stand alone and do not need loads of embellishments. Great projects.

Deirdre said...

Julia,

I have bags, now I'm definitely have to take them out!! Thanks for sharing.

Trish. said...

wonderful to see how many uses you can use these stamps for. love the bags and also the card.

Pauline said...

Wonderful texture on your card Julia, I love the little bit of bling, and what a fab set of Easter themed goodies you have made for your church sale, I'm site they will sell like hot cross buns!

Unknown said...

All your projects are just terrific. Cheers,

Kate said...

Love those little bags and tags and that card is so simple and yet so elegant.

Isabel Z said...

Love, love, love what you created. Thank you for inspiring me!

Lagene said...

Love your card, tag and bags!

Audrey said...

oh my goodness your little easter treat baggies are so stinkin cute!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Such darling little bags Julia! And I love the sweet card and tag to go with them!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are amazing, Julia. Such Easter goodness. No one stamps on bags as expertly as you. Fabulous job.

Darlene said...

I love your Easter projects - they're very cute. Nice to know the stamps work on muslin!

Sue D said...

Lovely embossed card and cute Easter items.

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia all of your bunny projects are fantastic, love that new WM set. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Rosemary said...

fantastic set of projects... love the card you entered in the CASoloyg challenge... just gorgeous!! thanks so much for playing along this week!

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh Fantastic!!! I love everything here. You are so creative! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous collection of creations, Julia! Love how you embossed the egg on the card. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sandra said...

So much variety! The egg shaped card is a little darling. I really love the embossed card and the treat bags are so cute and unusual.

Mariken said...

Everything you have made is lovely!! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!
Mariken xx