Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Frosty Thank You and Thanksgiving Place Cards

Isn't this a cute snowman Thank You?!   I made him for two challenges this week -  Lee Anne was the Featured Stamper over on Split Coast and I CASED her cute Snow Woman card

For mine - I stamped the front and back of a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of white card stock with the Vintage Christmas Backgrounder stamp by Waltzingmouse. Then I die cut through both layers of card . I scored the back piece across at the neck and adhered the head pieces together down to the neck with score tape - then the back bends at the score and the snowman stands up. I did cut a piece off the bottom to make it flat as well.

Then I just tied a wrinkled seam tape 'scarf' around his neck, added a rhinestone 'coal' eye and stamped the Thank You from Vintage Garden Seed Packet by Waltzingmouse - love the font on this sentiment!

I thought this would make a great thank you card for those holiday gifts received.

I'm also entering this into this weeks dynamic duos challenge:


I wish everyone celebrating in the US this Thursday a blessed Thanksgiving Day!    

As a final shot - thought I'd share some simple Name Place Cards I made a friend for her Thanksgiving table.  She's having 18 people (!) so I made 6 each of 3 designs for her.  She will write in the names in the blank space. I started with a 4" x 4" piece of card stock folded in half. I drew the framing with a fine tip pen.  The images are stamped on linen vellum and colored with Copics, layered to a larger colored circle and adhered to the cards with foam tape.
I think these will make for a very festive table don't you?!

Frosty Thank You: 
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Vintage Christmas Backgrounder, thank you from Vintage Seed Packet
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Memento Teal Zeal, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Rhinestone - Kaiser Craft, Snowman Die - Winter Wonder Tim Holtz/Alterations 

Name Place Cards:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Salt box house from Blessed by You, Maple leaf, Happy Harvest and Happy Thanksgiving from Peace and Plenty,  Inkadinkado - pilgrim hat,  Lil' Inker Designs - Thankful for you from Thanksgiving Wishes set.
Paper:  Linen Vellum (images stamped on this), rustic white, royal velvet, canyon clay, dark chocolate - PTI
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Archival Coffee.
Accessories:  Copics - N2, YR07, YR23, C6, fine tip brown pen - Creative Memories, foam tape, 1 1/2 " circle punch - EK Success, 1 3/4" round punch - SU.

11 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the snowman card it's gorgeous and I love the name plates. Caroline xxx

Erna Logtenberg said...

very pretty! thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!!

Patti J said...

Lovin' that snowman! So sweet, Julia, and your placecards, are awesome too. Thanks for sharing :)

Karen Day said...

Wonderful shaped card, Julia! So glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

scrappymo! said...

I am a placevard lover adn these are no exception...they look fabulous

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful projects Julia! Love the fun Frosty and the little placeholders! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki Burdick said...

So love that snow man die, I need to get it, The snowman is super cute with the patterned paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos challenge.

Mary Marsh said...

love this snowman card Julia and the bg you stamped on him looks awesome-and what a friend you are-making place cards for someone else-it was all I oculd do to make my own

Anonymous said...

This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!


[url=http://cheapjordans2013.nichesite.org/]cheap jordans[/url]


[url=http://louisvuittonhandbags8.22web.org/]lv bags[/url]