Friday, October 12, 2012

In Shape for Halloween!

I have two shaped cards for Halloween to share today.

For my first card, I used several different dies -  Tomb Stone Spellbinders Dies, the dangling spider by Memory Box and the fence by Tim Holtz Alterations.  I used colors for this week's Color Challenge over on Split Coast.  My circle BOO stamp is from the Midnight Feast set by Waltzingmouse.  The biggest tombstone is about 4 1/4" x 3 1/2" at it's largest points.
I made my BAT Card for one of the Hope You Can Cling to Challenges on SCS - Ship Shape - to make a shaped card.  I used Spellbinders Nested bats for the card, cucumber Glitter Thicker Letters for the boo! and rhinestones for the bat's eyes.  I placed the die with one corner slightly over the fold in the card stock so there would be a 'hinge' for the card.  You can see the spot at the top left on the bat below.
For the inside -  I die cut a smaller bat in white and stamped Happy Halloween from the Midnight Feast set by Waltzingmouse.  This card is 4 3/4" x 3" at its largest points.
Wouldn't these be fun cards to receive in the mail or with a Halloween treat??!!

Tombstone BOO!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Midnight Feast
Paper: Coredinations Distress Faded Jeans, More Mustard - SU, True Black - PTI
Ink: Memento Lilac Roses, Ranger Distress Faded Jeans
Accessories: Foam tape, rhinestone - Kaiser Craft, Fence Die - Tim Holtz Alterations, tombstone dies - Spellbinders, spider die - Memory Box 

 Bat Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Midnight Feast
Paper: Smokey Shadow - P TI
Ink:Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: rhinestones - Kaiser, Glitter Thicker Letters - American Crafts, nested bats - Spellbinders


4 comments:

Patti J said...

Great cards, Julia! I really step outside my comfort zone when making a shaped card, but you make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing :)

Annette Allen said...

aww these are spooktactular...love them

Pauline said...

These are both such fun Julia! I love the tombstone, so spooky!

Vickie Z said...

You always come up with neat ideas....whether it's shaped cards or 3D items!! Love these!