Saturday, May 12, 2012

From Our House to Yours - WMS Forum May Christmas Card Challenge

The May Christmas Card Challenge is up in the Playroom of the Waltzingmouse Forum -  and this month the challenge is to use chipboard.  I made 4 to add to my ever growing stash of Christmas cards.
I remembered I had some Maya Road Chipboard houses in my drawer - and they worked perfectly here.  I got my design inspiration from the Split Coast Stampers Inspiration challenge today - with this decorative plate from the Australian Web store - Hard to Find.

I sponged the house, the die cut circle and the edges of the card with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I stamped the little heart, from WMS stamp set Sweethearts (I placed the house on the circle so I knew where to stamp the heart!), before embossing the circle with Swiss Dots and I taped a piece of Summer Sunrise card stock behind the open window to be the light inside the home!  The sentiment is from A Cottage Christmas.  I stamped "A Merry Christmas to You" from Compliments of the Season inside (not shown) -  but you could also make this a Thank You card -  a Welcome to Your New Home card,  an invitation or even just a note!

We'd love to have you join us in the WMS Forum Christmas Card Challenges - a new challenge is posted the 10th of each month -  you'll be SO glad you did when November rolls around and you have all your Christmas cards ready to mail!

Don't forget to check and see if you were the winner on our WMS May Release day blog hop!  It's posted on Claire's Blog.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - heart from Sweet Hearts Set, Sentiment from A Cottage Christmas  
Paper: kraft, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise - PTI  
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Tea Dye, Memento Lady Bug 
Accessories: Foam tape, Swiss Dots Embossing folder - Provo Craft, Chipboard House - Maya Road Houses Mini

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love your CAS cards.

Riet said...

So gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pauline said...

What sweet little houses Julia, these are wonderful additions to your Christmas card stash!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Super cute! Love those little houses!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a great design for a christmas card Julia-when I get home I want to start on some-I need a stash as well-hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day