Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's All About Rubbernecker Today!

What a fun time Anne and I had at the Rubbernecker Booth at the Creative Keepsakes Convention in Manchester, NH this weekend.

We spent about 8 hours both Friday and Saturday stamping demos for the scrappers and stampers that stopped by the booth.

In honor of the event I have two cards - both using Rubbernecker stamps - that I made for some challenges over on Split Coast this weekend.

I made this first card for the Featured Stamper Challenge. 
I chose to CASE Linda's Gratitude card as I had a similar silhouette rose stamp. I inked the rose and leaves with red and green markers - huffed on it to moisten it and stamped it on the card stock.

My silhouette rose stamp was bigger than Linda's so I cut it with a circle Nestability instead of using a rectangle shape so that the pretty patterned paper showed a little more. I changed the design a bit - tying wrinkled seam tape across the middle and stamping my sentiment in a punched circle.

My second card was made for two SCS challenges -  Queen For the Day and the Inspiration Challenge.
I was inspired by this Birthday Blessings card by Queen Holly (Toy) I used different images - making mine a new baby card but I used her great design.

And for the Inspiration challenge - I was inspired by this whimsey animals baby rug.

I stamped the animals on dotted patterned paper, cut them out and layered them over more dotted paper! I embossed the back panel with a Wicker Weave embossing folder after I had adhered the patterned paper strips so they got embossed as well. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper.

Here are pics of Anne and I working the RN booth.  Anne was demoing the Beach Kittie Kit and I was demoing the baskets, pots and sentiment Garden sets.
 Me

We had such a fun time - but our backs, legs and feet were killing us after standing pretty much the whole time for two days!   The things we do for the joy of stamping!

Rose Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - sentiment from Word Set #2000, Rose Silhouette #537-01  
Paper: vintage cream, ocean tides - PTI, DP October Afternoon - Farm House Paper Pad  
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black  
Accessories: Circle Nestability, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Markers - real red and old olive - SU, foam tape, circle punch - SU

Baby Card: 
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Welcome Little One #62-05, Giraffe - #88-07, Elephant #88-12, Lion #88-08  
Paper: White, Aqua Mist , Textstyle Bitty Baby Blessings & Bitty Dot Basics - PTI 
 Ink: Versafine Onyx Black  
Accessories: foam tape, wicher weave embossing folder - Provo Craft, glue pen

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Looks like you and Anne had a fun weekend at the show but I am sure you are tired.

Beautiful cards!! Love the first one especially.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and looks like you had tons of fun!!!

Mary Marsh said...

love both these cards Julia-the fs card is my fave-love the image and the dp-sounds like it was a fun week-end at the show-and I arrived safely this morning-Phoenix is such fun already

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ellen Taylor said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love the color combo of your rose and the patterned paper! Looks like a tiring but fun weekend! Wish Mr. Rubbernecker did shows in Alberta! Thanks for sharing the pix Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful cards Julia! Love the pretty flowers! Looks like you had a great time! :)